TravelTalkOnline

Diving BVI

Posted By: krafty81

Diving BVI - 10/08/2018 12:14 AM

Will be there mid-Dec, first trip so we are pretty excited. 3 of our family are PADI certified. Wondering what everyone thinks about best diving spots? We would go through a local company. Thanks!
Posted By: maytrix

Re: Diving BVI - 10/08/2018 01:03 PM

If you are experienced divers and comfortable diving you can always do some dives on your own. Many are better done with a guide though so you can see it all. We have done both and have tried to do a rendezvous dive each trip just to get a full tour of a site. It also makes it easier for us to do on our own later. But the guides available to the sites make many of them pretty easy. Indians of course is a must do and very simple to do on your own.

The wreck of the Rhone is another great site.

I could go on and list sites over and over, but you should just pick up the guide and look over them. We've done many (if not most) of the sites that area near the common anchorages.
Posted By: gordaguy2

Re: Diving BVI - 10/08/2018 03:36 PM

If you are going to be on Virgin Gorda Dive BVI is the one shop for you - they also do rendezvous dives
Posted By: casailor53

Re: Diving BVI - 10/08/2018 06:03 PM

if your group is composed of multi levels of experience, Painted Walls (Dead Chest) is a relatively shallow dive that everyone will still enjoy
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Diving BVI - 10/09/2018 01:00 PM

Painted Walls is a excellent dive however is exposed to the prevailing winds. It’s best dived on calm days. Angelfish reef at Norman is a good windy day dive because the Mooring balls are reasonably protected with the prevailing winds.
Posted By: twii

Re: Diving BVI - 10/09/2018 02:35 PM

Can't say enough good things about Dive BVI. Great people. My wife and i on our last visit in April did their "Try Scuba Dive" class. It was fantastic. It was one for "our bucket list", Contact them for recommendations and a guide, I'm sure they'll be glad to assist.
Posted By: warren460

Re: Diving BVI - 10/10/2018 02:26 AM

Blue water divers and sunchaser are also great to dive with.
Posted By: krafty81

Re: Diving BVI - 10/11/2018 03:49 AM

Thanks everyone!
Posted By: casailor53

Re: Diving BVI - 10/11/2018 03:08 PM

I always just anchored in Deadman's Bay and dinghied over to the Painted Walls mooring. Wet trip, but you're going diving anyway!
Posted By: FrozMargNoSalt

Re: Diving BVI - 10/11/2018 04:01 PM

We've used Dive BVI for a number of day trips over the years. Family owned, always nice people! In addition to Virgin Gorda, I believe they still have a location at Scrub Island as well. Last time we were there, we did a day trip departing from Scrub. Have fun!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline