TravelTalkOnline

Virgin Gorda airport?

Posted By: Jeff K

Virgin Gorda airport? - 10/19/2018 02:09 PM

I've read somewhere that the airport is supposed to open again at the end of this month (October). We're planning a trip from Milwaukee from March 16-23 to Virgin Gorda. What are the options to get there?

Does anyone know when the flights from San Juan to Virgin Gorda will start up again?
Posted By: gordaguy2

Re: Virgin Gorda airport? - 10/19/2018 05:36 PM

Well it should be open by the time you are due to be in VG. My bet is a small delay as the folks in the government never under promise and over deliver. In terms of getting to VG from SJU - air sunshine and a private charter are the only two options at the moment - cape air might be doing it again.
Posted By: Jeff K

Re: Virgin Gorda airport? - 10/19/2018 08:09 PM

Thanks for the reply. I could also fly to St. Thomas, we're just trying to figure out the best way to get there. We've never visited the BVI before without being on a cruise ship.
Posted By: gordaguy2

Re: Virgin Gorda airport? - 10/20/2018 03:09 PM

Check out my page on traveling to VG on www.adagiovilla.com - it has a link to the ferry schedules to and from various points - IF you are landing in SJU the options are to fly to EIS and ferry to VG or if the airport is open at VG to fly direct only with Air Sunshine and perhaps Cape Air or a private charter such as Fly BVI or Island Birds. If you land in STT there is a direct to VG ferry on Tues, Thur and Sat. otherwise it is a ferry to Road town and then on to VG.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline