TravelTalkOnline

Long Bay.

Posted By: Manpot

Long Bay. - 10/19/2018 02:42 PM

We met the new owners of Long Bay last night at the new Sugar Mill beach bar ( Tramonti). They have great plans for the future of the place and we wish them all the best..They seem to have quite a bit of experience with developing failing properties..and turning them around.
Posted By: NWA4Sail

Re: Long Bay. - 10/19/2018 04:06 PM

Hello Manpot - I'm staying at Sebastian's on our last night following a bareboat from Sunsail. Would you recommend eating at their restaurant or do you have a better suggestion? Thank you, Jonny
Posted By: nyoming

Re: Long Bay. - 10/19/2018 05:22 PM

Great news to hear Sugar Mill beach bar has reopened.
We have received notice that Long Bay has been purchased...soooo happy to hear that they have great plans!!!
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Long Bay. - 10/19/2018 09:17 PM

I would DEFINITELY eat at Tramonti ( The Sugar Mill Beach bar)..pm me if you want more info..
Posted By: NWA4Sail

Re: Long Bay. - 10/21/2018 03:47 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. We’ll certainly check it out!
Posted By: KayMike

Re: Long Bay. - 10/24/2018 10:55 PM

Do you think this place allow 2 to 7 people all seniors from a cruise ship to use their beach, restaurant, etc. for a day in early January?
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Long Bay. - 10/24/2018 11:20 PM

It's highly unlikely there will be a restaurant in January. They can't really keep you from using the beach, but if there is dangerous construction going on, the access could be limited. Just past the resort there is a long section of beach with no services that you should still be able to get to.
Posted By: KayMike

Re: Long Bay. - 10/24/2018 11:35 PM

After I posted my question, I noticed another post about the very severe damage of Long Bay resort. We have a friend with timeshares there, and we will have to ask him about the conditions.....Most of the cruise excursions seem to be boat trips to other islands.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Long Bay. - 10/24/2018 11:39 PM

You can certainly come over and visit us in Cane Garden Bay if you want to stay on Tortola. By then there will be 4 or 5 bars/restaurants open.

If you want to get off the beaten path a little bit, get a taxi to take you to Smugglers Cove. It's a very nice beach but no services except a beach bar with limited food/drinks.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline