TravelTalkOnline

Looking for a Skippered charter with a private sailboat owner

Posted By: MasterJib

Looking for a Skippered charter with a private sailboat owner - 10/29/2018 11:21 AM

Hey guys - first post here. I'm looking for Skippers/private boat owners who run charters from their own boats. Do you know anyone?
Thanks so much smile
Posted By: mainesailor

Re: Looking for a Skippered charter with a private sailboat owner - 10/29/2018 12:09 PM

Others might have some personal referrals, I recommend an established broker service like Ed Hamilton. http://www.ed-hamilton.com/
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Looking for a Skippered charter with a private sailboat owner - 10/29/2018 12:26 PM

Contact Dirk on " Catatonic 500"..
Posted By: todoc

Re: Looking for a Skippered charter with a private sailboat owner - 10/29/2018 12:29 PM

We’ve used Jolly Mon with outstanding results. http://www.jollymonsailing.com/
Posted By: ScurvyD

Re: Looking for a Skippered charter with a private sailboat owner - 10/29/2018 05:26 PM

We've had great times with Mark and ORION. Can't say enough good things about his operation. His site is advertised here on the forum.
Posted By: TomGarvey

Re: Looking for a Skippered charter with a private sailboat owner - 10/29/2018 11:09 PM

I second Malcolm's suggestion of Dirk & Sandy and Catatonic 500. The flying bridge will give you a panoramic view, and they will take very good care of you. Great skipper, great chef, great boat!
Posted By: maytrix

Re: Looking for a Skippered charter with a private sailboat owner - 10/30/2018 12:44 PM

I think you have left out one important piece of information - how big a boat? How many people? Mono or Cat? Great recommendations above though!
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: Looking for a Skippered charter with a private sailboat owner - 10/31/2018 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Manpot
Contact Dirk on " Catatonic 500"..

Third on this recommendation - Dirk and Sandy are the very best.
Contact Sandy at Sandy@coolcatcharters.com

Coolcatcharters.com for pics of the boat.
Posted By: CherylWegner

Re: Looking for a Skippered charter with a private sailboat owner - 11/02/2018 05:11 AM

Kristian and Marriane own and run Breanker. It's a classic catamaran and they are top notch hosts. We're headed down shortly for our 5th trip with them. I really can't say enough about the wonderful experience they provide! In addition to the expected things like great cooking, comfortable quarters, and amazing local knowledge....they are expert seamen with 25 years experience chartering in the BVI's. Safety is first in their books, and I sleep well every night on the boat knowing that I am in their good hands! www.breanker.com
Posted By: Deepcut

Re: Looking for a Skippered charter with a private sailboat owner - 11/02/2018 11:18 PM

How many people? When are you looking for regarding dates? Flexible or set dates?
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline