TravelTalkOnline

Gifts for Crew

Posted By: suzshe

Gifts for Crew - 11/20/2018 09:10 PM

We are headed down for our fourth week-long crewed charter, the first since Irma and Maria. This will be a new crew for us and I'd like to bring a little gift. Any suggestions on something that might be appreciated?
Posted By: Orange_Burst

Re: Gifts for Crew - 11/20/2018 09:22 PM

I always make custom Koozie's. It includes the year of the trip and their name. Helps when everyone has a beer open, you know which one is yours.

Re: Gifts for Crew - 11/20/2018 09:27 PM

Custom shirts are always really nice too, I've done that a couple of times. Laura who is "Custom Sailing Shirts", (see TTOL sponsors) does a fantastic job.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Gifts for Crew - 11/20/2018 09:30 PM

I think crewed charters appreciate cash more than anything.
Posted By: bagsarepacked

Re: Gifts for Crew - 11/20/2018 09:30 PM

Last trip we had troubles keeping everyone's water bottle straight.....blame it on the Rum!!
We buy a 12 pack and than refill with gallons. This trip I am getting everyone a personalized stainless water bottle with their name on it. There are only 6 of us and I found them on Etsy for 10 bucks each.
Posted By: jphart

Re: Gifts for Crew - 11/21/2018 01:01 AM

I have purchased Turvis Tumblers for the crew in the past.
Individualized with university logos or other art. Large selection at bed Bath and beyond.

Have even had crew bring for land based trips. Much better than red solo cups!
Posted By: jagmansr

Re: Gifts for Crew - 11/21/2018 01:24 AM

We had hats made up with a Leopard Cat with Island Fun embroded along the mast with the word CREW under the drawing of the boat. Everyone has loved them
Posted By: suzshe

Re: Gifts for Crew - 11/21/2018 01:25 AM

I should have mentioned. We will certainly tip appropriately at the end of our week. I was thinking about a little something upfront as an ice-breaker.

Re: Gifts for Crew - 11/21/2018 01:51 AM

Sorry, I misunderstood, I was thinking you would be on a bareboat with friends, and you was looking for a gift for them.

Does the crew you’re going with own the boat? A customized Tervis with boat name and crew position would be nice.
Posted By: jagmansr

Re: Gifts for Crew - 11/21/2018 02:07 AM

Sorry, me too. I thought it was for you friends sailing with you
Posted By: bagsarepacked

Re: Gifts for Crew - 11/21/2018 03:52 AM

Sorry ... me too! My water bottles are for my friends
Posted By: WineFusion

Re: Gifts for Crew - 11/27/2018 12:11 AM

Orange Burst, who did you use for the custom Koozies?
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Gifts for Crew - 11/27/2018 01:08 AM

Laura here as "Custom Sailing Shirts" or something like that can take care of all your needs..
Posted By: kneafseym

Re: Gifts for Crew - 11/27/2018 03:15 AM

having been at the receiving end of guests gifts. I got several shirts with the guests names and week that I never worn again. But a custom shirt without the guests names would be nice. Custom Koozie is nice and also easy to travel with. Having an extra meal purchased or beer went a whole lot further. Guests would often ask me to eat out with them, but having eaten most places in BVI many times I wasn't interested in paying tourist prices just to be social.

Re: Gifts for Crew - 11/27/2018 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by WineFusion
Orange Burst, who did you use for the custom Koozies?

As Malcom said Laura that owns "Custom Sailing Shirts", and is a TTOL member does a great job. You can find her information at the top under "TTOL Sponsors"
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline