TravelTalkOnline

Peter Island Query

Posted By: Bgs

Peter Island Query - 11/24/2018 09:51 PM

Hi,

We have never been to Peter Island.
If we grab a ball at Great Harbou, is there a way to get to the beaches like deadman’s bay or others?
Is it okay for sailers to go ashore and or use the restaraunt?
We will be there mid December.

Thanks,

Brian
Posted By: warren460

Re: Peter Island Query - 11/24/2018 11:06 PM

Hi,

Great harbour is not that close to deadmans bay..

There use to be a path to head east to Peter Island resort and then walk through the resort to the beach. The resort is a re-construction site and is probably not that accessible.

I understand that the restaurant will be closed for a while longer.

the attraction at great harbour is the willy t.

If the restaurant is open, hopefully someone with more current information will chime in.
Posted By: WineFusion

Re: Peter Island Query - 11/27/2018 12:04 AM

I was there in July and we did drop anchor and go ashore (deadman's bay) but only to the legal limit of high tide. There were huge signs warning about no trespassing and the resort is a long way from being open. The restaurant was making head way in repairs but if it's open before 2019, it would be a huge surprise to me. Their website still says nothing about reopening anytime soon so I would skip this stop unless you are looking for something completely secluded and dead. Great Harbour is not really close to Deadman's Bay, as in it would be a heck of dinghy ride that I would not make personally. If you want to swing by just to see it then you can on your boat, but again I would wait until they reopen so you get the actual beautiful experience of Peter Island.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline