TravelTalkOnline

Bobby's v. Riteway

Posted By: NCSailor

Bobby's v. Riteway - 12/30/2018 09:39 PM

We have not chartered post -Irma. What is recent experience with Bobby's and Riteway? We used Riteway on the past 4-5 charters but the Bobby's selections better and on-line form is much easier to navigate.
Posted By: captmoby

Re: Bobby's v. Riteway - 12/31/2018 11:19 AM

I think you might have answered your own question. At least the ease of ordering is a big thing for me. You can also be assured that all provisioning companies have been late with deliveries, messed up orders, etc., etc.
Posted By: warren460

Re: Bobby's v. Riteway - 12/31/2018 11:54 AM

Is Bobbies less expensive
Posted By: CestLaVie

Re: Bobby's v. Riteway - 12/31/2018 03:10 PM

We have used both Bobbies and RiteWay in the past, but we have used RiteWay last several times for both their wide selection and convenience to the Moorings base. That said, we never buy alcohol from them as the Moorings provisions store and Caribbean Cellars are both considerably less expensive and those heavy and bulky items are delivered to the boat. In many cases, alcohol prices are 30%+ more expensive at RiteWay.
Posted By: Fritz_the_Cat

Re: Bobby's v. Riteway - 12/31/2018 03:59 PM

I have no problem single handing in 35 Knot winds, but crossing the street to RiteWay from Moorings scares the b'Jesus out of me.
They closed the traffic light (which only gave you 5 seconds to cross anyway) as a RED light was only a suggestion for the cars and motorcycles whipping around the curve.

If they only had a crossing guard there...
Posted By: Sunnykm

Re: Bobby's v. Riteway - 12/31/2018 07:10 PM

Lol!! Fritz I agree! Crossing that street his quite scary and we cross back with our bags of groceries. Nightmare fodder
Posted By: Orange_Burst

Re: Bobby's v. Riteway - 01/02/2019 03:58 PM

I have used Bobby's since Irma. They delivered on time and the order was accurate. I find their ordering is easier...in the past I have filled out order forms for both places and Bobby's was cheaper.

I also order alcohol, beer, mix from either Tico's or Caribbean Cellars.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline