TravelTalkOnline

North Sound...

Posted By: GettinBye

North Sound... - 01/04/2019 07:15 PM

We are staying the week on Virgin Gorda in late March and planning one or maybe two day trip island- hopping with a charter as well. On a free day, is it worthwhile to rent a dinghy and/or boat and cruise around the north sound? As sad as it will be, I guess I would be interested in seeing Bitter End and Saba but I'm sure you can't get out and wander around at either. The Sandbox is closed at Prickly from what I see. We are staying on Savannah Bay so wondering if it might be just as nice to spend a free day at the beach. (I don't want to over-schedule us) I don't know the current situation with Oil Nut but assume it's back to resort guests only? Thanks.... just curious if North Sound is a worthwhile expenditure.
Posted By: NoelHall

Re: North Sound... - 01/04/2019 08:15 PM

If the kids like to snorkel, you could add the 'canons' to your North Sound itinerary, especially if the seas are settled. Also fun to watch the kite boarders, if they are there. Be careful of coral heads beyond Saba. Perhaps someone knows if the marker ball is still there at the canons and the directions. I think Oil Nut is closed to boaters until their new marina village is finished, and perhaps in March it may be?

Re: North Sound... - 01/04/2019 08:36 PM

No kids this time!!! They're in college now. Just four couples Even better!! (Guess it's time to change my picture!!)
Posted By: Leverick Bay

Re: North Sound... - 01/04/2019 09:27 PM

We would love to have you at Leverick for a stop - we are fully reopened with restaurants, beach bar, retail shopping, spa, grocery store, lodging and more! Email me for any information - becky@leverickbay.com - All my Best for a wonderful New Year!

Re: North Sound... - 01/04/2019 09:39 PM

Thanks Becky! Planning on Michael Beans show Monday or Tuesday. And then dinner /jumbles the Friday night before we go home. You’ll be seeing us for sure!
Posted By: bailau

Re: North Sound... - 01/04/2019 10:22 PM

We did the tour around Saba and BEYC in October and I would skip it personally. You can take a dinghy and get out on land but they are in rebuild mode so not much to see. Definitely hit Leverick...we are actually trying to make slip reservations at Leverick for February for a night now. It seems as good as new there and a lot of energy. The markers are there between Saba and Oil Nut Bay.

I always liked hiking up the Virgin Peak Park but dont know if the lookout stand is there or not
Posted By: Nevermonday

Re: North Sound... - 01/14/2019 03:31 PM

We recommend using Bradley Powerboats at Leverick Bay if you are looking to get out on a boat for the day, Elaine in the office there is extremely helpful and the boats are in excellent condition and very well maintained. We go out with them every time we are on Virgin Gorda. Bitter End and Saba Rock are sad but they are rebuilding and we cant wait to see what the newer versions look like, but also amazing to see the power of mother nature !! Our kids and us too tried out the new activity there SNUBA and we all thoroughly enjoyed it, we would also highly recommend that as well as something a bit different to do.
Posted By: calsail

Re: North Sound... - 01/14/2019 06:38 PM

Report on the Fat Virgin please.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline