TravelTalkOnline

Scrub island

Posted By: Beacher99

Scrub island - 02/28/2019 02:21 PM

Anyone who has stayed at Scrub Island. Thoughts and isn’t it worth the money? Is there a better place? It looks amazing. Thanks!
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Scrub island - 02/28/2019 04:22 PM

Not my style and there are several other options..others love the place. You might look at Leverick..The Sugar Mill on Tortola..
Posted By: Sunnykm

Re: Scrub island - 02/28/2019 05:27 PM

It is a beautiful resort with luxury for sure but it is a luxury resort and not quite the earthy, limin' vibe of the BVI.
Posted By: ggffrr11

Re: Scrub island - 02/28/2019 06:34 PM

We like it for a mid week "break" while on the bareboat charter. Electricity/ water / excellent showers, pools/hot tub, small grocery store. Would probably eat at the pool side cafe (Donovan's reef?) instead of the "fancy diner" (Cardamom) for diner next time.
Posted By: IWIWSE

Re: Scrub island - 02/28/2019 06:41 PM

"not quite the earthy, limin' vibe"
Well put
Posted By: Midsouth

Re: Scrub island - 02/28/2019 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by ggffrr11
We like it for a mid week "break" while on the bareboat charter. Electricity/ water / excellent showers, pools/hot tub, small grocery store. Would probably eat at the pool side cafe (Donovan's reef?) instead of the "fancy diner" (Cardamom) for diner next time.

Glad to read this. I’ve reserved a slip for a midweek break at the end of March. Pool day, showers, was wondering about splurging on the meal.
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Scrub island - 02/28/2019 07:35 PM

You can hop the Scrub ferry or dinghy over to Marina Cay for dinner. In my opinion, better food, and definitely an island vibe. And here’s a local tip: if my papayas ripen, look for the fresh tuna with papaya salsa or chutney.
Posted By: Kegoangoango

Re: Scrub island - 02/28/2019 08:18 PM

We stayed there in a slip in Dec and it was great. We had our anniversary dinner at Cardamon and thought it was excellent.
Posted By: Sunnykm

Re: Scrub island - 02/28/2019 08:52 PM

An update to what I posted earlier...I have stayed in the hotel and on the dock. Such a lovely property. I most definitely recommend a night on the dock as a mid week stop for the showers, pool and dinner. We had a terrific meal in the fancy restaurant last trip (pre Irma).
Posted By: NewfD90

Re: Scrub island - 03/01/2019 05:23 PM

Mid-trip, we always take a slip for a night at Scrub. All the crew loves it and it's not expensive. Now that we're starting there on our next trip in May, it'll be a bit different.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline