TravelTalkOnline

Standard taxi fare from RT ferry to Marias by the Sea?

Posted By: BoatDrinks2

Standard taxi fare from RT ferry to Marias by the Sea? - 04/28/2019 01:44 PM

Anyone know the standard taxi fare from Road Town ferry terminal to Marias by the Sea? I know this is walkable, but we're gonna have 5 kids with us..plus luggage.
Thanks!
Posted By: BoatDrinks2

Re: Standard taxi fare from RT ferry to Marias by the Sea? - 04/28/2019 02:23 PM

Nevermind...It's $5
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Standard taxi fare from RT ferry to Marias by the Sea? - 04/28/2019 02:46 PM

I believe they can also charge for luggage; we always pay for that. To save money, send one person with the bags and let everyone else walk. It’s not far.
Posted By: Deepcut

Re: Standard taxi fare from RT ferry to Marias by the Sea? - 04/29/2019 10:09 PM

$5 PER PERSON plus luggage. ...

Or perhaps bargain with a taxi driver (privately) for a lower rate.

Or perhaps hire someone to help tote the bags
Posted By: captdennyj

Re: Standard taxi fare from RT ferry to Marias by the Sea? - 04/30/2019 12:32 PM

Just wondering ,

It seems like a fairly short distance from the ferry and customs to walk to Marias by the sea.

We only travel with on carry on roller duffel each for 2 weeks, . So no masses of luggage . The money for a cab and bags is no big deal, but I am thinking that
after the travel follies from LAX to MIA to STT, and the ferry the next morning, I could use a bit of leg stretch from all that Okole sitting.

Question:

Erica is concerned about fast moving vehicles parallel to our path.

If we walk and tow the bags to Marias, is there a side walk or good shoulder to stay clear of the traffic on the roads. Any guess as to roughly how long
of a walk in time to get to Maria's,

The reason we are asking is that we a bareboating out of Conch Charters, and we push one of
their dock wheel barrows over to Rite Way at Road Reef and load up our provisions. There is no protected side walk, and we run full bore with that wheel barrow in spurts
dashing in between the cars parked next to the main road. We sprint at our personal light speed to avoid being road kill.

No big deal since this is a very short distance, but if we had to experience that same situation to Marias by the sea, which is a longer distance we would take a taxi

Any scoops on shoulders or side walks would be appreciated.

Thank you
Posted By: sleepychef

Re: Standard taxi fare from RT ferry to Marias by the Sea? - 04/30/2019 01:14 PM

same distance and foot path all the way
Posted By: captdennyj

Re: Standard taxi fare from RT ferry to Marias by the Sea? - 04/30/2019 02:49 PM

Thanks sleep chef...sounds perfect.
Posted By: bailau

Re: Standard taxi fare from RT ferry to Marias by the Sea? - 04/30/2019 07:51 PM

Stayed at Marias in Oct '18...going parallel to road is easy to Conch or Moorings. Be very careful crossing over road as cars fly around there and we saw car accident then and in Feb 19.

Pussers is right there...
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline