TravelTalkOnline

Advice. Pussers or Trellis Bay

Posted By: millstn

Advice. Pussers or Trellis Bay - 06/12/2019 02:37 AM

My group and I are heading out this Saturday morning for our 3rd BVI trip. By Wednesday 6/19, we should be returning from Anegada, most likely in need of provisions, (essentially ice and water). I have one vote for Scrub Island Marina upon our return, but I was interested in something different. I haven’t been to Pussers at Marina Cay or Trellis Isle. Would grabbing a ball for the night at Pussers or Trellis Bay be a good idea? What has been your experience, pre/post Irma? Much thanks in advance for any info.
Posted By: pk5352

Re: Advice. Pussers or Trellis Bay - 06/12/2019 03:49 AM

You will find water and Ice at Scrub (as well as other provisions at their market), though you will need to pay for dock space to stay there. Ice is likely available at Trellis (at the market?), but no water dockside there (no dockside at all). There is neither water nor ice at Marina Cay at this point, I don't think. You may want to think about return from Anegada to Leverick?
Posted By: BrentCummings

Re: Advice. Pussers or Trellis Bay - 06/12/2019 10:51 AM

There is water ice and fuel at Marina Cay. But no other provisions. I’d go there over Trellis until Trellis gets rebuilt a little better.
Posted By: NCSailor

Re: Advice. Pussers or Trellis Bay - 06/12/2019 10:52 AM

Pussers at Marina Cay has not been rebuilt since Irma. They are serving food and drinks under a large tent which I have heard is good. You can get ice at Potters before you leave Anegada. If I was to choose between Trellis and Marina Cay it would be the latter for more of an island feel.
Posted By: warren460

Re: Advice. Pussers or Trellis Bay - 06/12/2019 11:52 AM

Unless you want to attend a fmp or pick up/drop off to EIS, I would not bother with trellis.

Ice is also available at the wonky dog on Anegada.
Posted By: henryv

Re: Advice. Pussers or Trellis Bay - 06/12/2019 05:59 PM

The grocery store at Trellis is well stocked if you need to top up your provisions. Restaurant options in Trellis are still limited but the market restaurant has expanded a bit - you can get burgers, roti,, or ribs there. It is also an option for take out if you want to eat on board without needing to cook. There is also a bar with burgers down the beach and Aragorns shop is also open.The folks who collect the Trellis mooring fee come around with ice as well.
You can get water at Marina Cay and their temporary tent restaurant is pleasant with a decent menu.
Posted By: captdennyj

Re: Advice. Pussers or Trellis Bay - 06/12/2019 07:25 PM

Agree. we would select Marina Cay...... ...we have found, the moorings on the South West area of the Mooring Field, seem to be in better condition . Three weeks ago.

Id you need to get over to Trellis for some provisions, you can hop on the free scheduled, small ferry that runs between Trellis, Marina Cay, and Scrub Island.....keeps life easy.. And your crew can head for what feels good to them.

We just spent a couple of days at marina cay, and looked at it from a positive stand point. The dining area under the roof of a protective tent is just fine. We sat up at the bar. .
The bar is adjacent to the dining area. Friendly, easy going, good service, great view, etc. There is a dock master to help you with water, ice, etc. .

Marina cay is very pleasant and protected by the reef.

Also, if heading TO Jost or Cane Garden after marina cay, you may want to stop enroute at Monkey Point, at Guana Island. NP moorings and good snorkeling. We drop of early at Marina Cay..

Also, we like to motor from Marina Cay via the Camanoe Passage. to Monkey point, Charge up the batteries at the same time.

Just FYI.
Posted By: Christo

Re: Advice. Pussers or Trellis Bay - 06/12/2019 11:27 PM

Marina Cay - mooring

Pussers - dinner / takeaway

Trellis by dinghy to get provisions / collect or drop off crew
Posted By: warren460

Re: Advice. Pussers or Trellis Bay - 06/13/2019 12:05 AM

Trellis, in calm conditions of course
Posted By: deliveryskipper

Re: Advice. Pussers or Trellis Bay - 06/13/2019 12:14 AM

When we were at Trellis June of last year, there was no air movement and it was hot so we moved over to Marina Cay where it was much cooler and breezy.
Posted By: GlennA

Re: Advice. Pussers or Trellis Bay - 06/13/2019 01:01 AM

I hear there is a nice sushi bar at Trellis now. Just opened.
Posted By: ligot

Re: Advice. Pussers or Trellis Bay - 06/13/2019 03:07 PM

If you go to Scrub you won't need to go to Trellis as Scrub has a shop.

At Marina you can easily dinghy to Scrub for some provisions OR jump on the Scrub/Marina/Trellis shuttle and do the shopping/lunch/drinks at Trellis.

We haven't stayed at Trellis since the Last Resort (or whatever followed) was there but we'd really liked that. When we've stopped in though we really liked the stores like Aragorn's and the little breakfast place that may not be re-opened. Always wanted to try Da Loose Mongoose but other than an early morning bathroom stop have really been there.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline