TravelTalkOnline

Clearing out of BVI’s

Posted By: captaugie

Clearing out of BVI’s - 07/05/2019 06:23 PM

Do all the passengers have to go to Customs to clear out?
Posted By: agrimsrud

Re: Clearing out of BVI’s - 07/05/2019 06:53 PM

I don't know about land based. Boat based the captain goes in with the passports plus departure cards for each passport plus the green sheet from customs.

When we cleared in a couple of weeks ago they screwed up. Customs thought we were checking in/out at the same time but immigration wanted us to clear out. Customs kept our green sheet when we checked in. So when we went to check out they wanted the green sheet again. I told them they already had it. They made me fill in the long form all over again.
Posted By: captdennyj

Re: Clearing out of BVI’s - 07/05/2019 07:11 PM

Clearing out of the BVI......

Easy.

We took the Road Town Fast Ferry over to Charolotte Amalie from Road Town.

I believe we paid our exit fee at the RTFF desk. Our bags , one duffel each, were taken by the RTFF personnel and
would be loaded on board.

When flying out of LIH, to SJU, or where ever, also easy. Got there early, to fly Cape Air ( previous trips ) .....and checked in at
the Customs / Immigration window and gave them our $ 20.00 each. No line.

However, and this has been mentioned before...

Arrival at St. Thomas, from the ferry, there was a bit of a line for the ferry passengers to go thru C/I along with turning in a form, that we filled out during the passage after leaving Road Town. Our bags may have
been inspected, but we did not witness that.

Going thru St. Thomas back to the Mainland.

Then came the beast line after slow line at Saint Thomas airport, Traveling AA .... STT, MIA, LAX.

We were told to allow three hours before our flight. We did. Saint Thomas Airport, after coming from the BVI, was a chaotic mess. But, we saved a lot of yankee green by going thru STT and taking the ferry R/T .

Lines at American STT desk......lines at customs, lines to deposit our two duffels to go thru inspection and to the plane, lines thru TSA, and maybe one other line, in all that mess.
Took a couple of hours, and those lines were long, long and winding back and forth.

By the time we were done with all of that , we made a direct approach to the bar near our gate, found the last two stools, and plunked our bones down for a kick back adult libation reward.
We relaxed and talked story about our fabulous 2 weeks of sailing the BVI. All positive. Great BVI vacation.

We were glad that we listened to the STT advice to be there early .....took all of the possible worries out of missing our flight.

Those federal agencies were very thorough, and did not miss much.

Posted By: warren460

Re: Clearing out of BVI’s - 07/05/2019 09:14 PM

Denny,

I may be wrong but I think that the OP implied clearing out in a charter boat or private boat.
Posted By: rhans

Re: Clearing out of BVI’s - 07/05/2019 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by agrimsrud
I don't know about land based. Boat based the captain goes in with the passports plus departure cards for each passport plus the green sheet from customs.

When we cleared in a couple of weeks ago they screwed up. Customs thought we were checking in/out at the same time but immigration wanted us to clear out. Customs kept our green sheet when we checked in. So when we went to check out they wanted the green sheet again. I told them they already had it. They made me fill in the long form all over again.

West End?
Posted By: agrimsrud

Re: Clearing out of BVI’s - 07/05/2019 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by rhans
Originally Posted by agrimsrud

West End?

Yup. They are always friendly and helpful there...... (sarcasm)
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline