TravelTalkOnline

Diving

Posted By: Lcrich

Diving - 07/24/2019 04:15 PM

For the first time in 8 trips, we have a couple that wants to dive. Which company do you recommend? Will they come to our boat to pick them up? We are going to Anegada for 2 nights. Should they dive there?
Thx
Posted By: Alec Atteberry

Re: Diving - 07/24/2019 04:51 PM

We usually rent tanks and gear to keep on the boat for the week. It gives you a lot of flexibility with where and when you dive and at a really great price. We’ve had really good luck with Blue Water Divers and Sail Caribbean
Divers.

Anegada is a great place to snorkel. I’m sure you could find some cool spots to dive but most everything is in 10-15 feet of water.
Posted By: warren460

Re: Diving - 07/24/2019 05:38 PM

Sunchaser in north sound is a good outfit too.
Posted By: Kryssa

Re: Diving - 07/25/2019 12:35 AM

Keeping tanks and gear on the boat is great if they are experienced, confident divers who are comfortable navigating their own dive. My husband and I will do this, but only when at least one person is staying on the boat that can do a dinghy pick up if currents pick up and we can’t swim back. It has never happened for us in BVI but it could. The Rhône is a great self-led dive as well as the deeper parts of the Indians because they are easy to navigate and strong currents are rare.

If they want a guided dive, several (all?) of the dive shops will pick up directly from certain anchorages (this is called rendezvous diving.) Each shop has a list of where they’ll pick up so you might want to call, email, or check their websites.

Anegada is essentially the worst major island to dive from. I would say Bight, Cooper, and the North Sound are the best spots for pick ups. I believe there’s a shop on JVD but we’ve never used it.
Posted By: warren460

Re: Diving - 07/25/2019 12:44 AM

We were at the shop on Jvd a few days ago. It's a great shop.

Small operator. They have a small boat.
Posted By: ohstate

Re: Diving - 07/25/2019 01:12 AM

My husband always uses Dive BVI out of Virgin Gorda, but we are always land based at Guavaberry. They will pick up divers from boats.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline