Xmas in July Savannah Bay Virgin Gorda

Posted By: Kmon

Xmas in July Savannah Bay Virgin Gorda - 07/28/2019 12:20 AM

Here you go!
https://scontent.forf1-2.fna.fbcdn....651e9f60e58bc97dab109367&oe=5DDC2CE0
Posted By: Cleobeach

Re: Xmas in July Savannah Bay Virgin Gorda - 07/28/2019 02:12 PM

That picture blew my husband’s mind.

Two questions - approximately how long does it take to motor from PR and were do they clear in at?
Posted By: RickinAtlanta

Re: Xmas in July Savannah Bay Virgin Gorda - 07/28/2019 03:37 PM

Hope this wsorks. This is from the BVI Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/BritishVirginIs/videos/2307827712617980/?t=19
Posted By: trueblue

Re: Xmas in July Savannah Bay Virgin Gorda - 07/28/2019 05:02 PM

Just a reminder. It was private boats from Puerto Rico who were the First Responders after Irma demolished the BVIs. Bringing water and supplies for infants they were the true heroes in my mind.

In 20 + years of encountering Christmas in July we never had any issues with the number of boats. Of course, we did learn to avoid the more popular anchorages... All in all they are great sailors, and very considerate, unlike some of the cc captains we have encountered!
Posted By: captmoby

Re: Xmas in July Savannah Bay Virgin Gorda - 07/28/2019 05:50 PM

Sad thing is that just just days later their island was devastated by Maria. I will always remember their efforts to help the BVI's.
Posted By: sail445

Re: Xmas in July Savannah Bay Virgin Gorda - 07/28/2019 06:47 PM

Christmas in July is like being in Manhattan Beach in NY...
I’ll pass and stick to Christmas in December.
Posted By: Riverfrontbrewer

Re: Xmas in July Savannah Bay Virgin Gorda - 07/28/2019 09:01 PM

This
Posted By: Riverfrontbrewer

Re: Xmas in July Savannah Bay Virgin Gorda - 07/28/2019 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by trueblue
Just a reminder. It was private boats from Puerto Rico who were the First Responders after Irma demolished the BVIs. Bringing water and supplies for infants they were the true heroes in my mind.

In 20 + years of encountering Christmas in July we never had any issues with the number of boats. Of course, we did learn to avoid the more popular anchorages... All in all they are great sailors, and very considerate, unlike some of the cc captains we have encountered!
Posted By: agrimsrud

Re: Xmas in July Savannah Bay Virgin Gorda - 07/28/2019 10:52 PM

+1
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: Xmas in July Savannah Bay Virgin Gorda - 07/29/2019 12:46 PM

Amen.
Posted By: IWIWSE

Re: Xmas in July Savannah Bay Virgin Gorda - 07/29/2019 02:34 PM

Locals report that they are meticulous in their clean-up
The beach looks better than when they got there
Posted By: sail445

Re: Xmas in July Savannah Bay Virgin Gorda - 07/29/2019 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by IWIWSE
Locals report that they are meticulous in their clean-up
The beach looks better than when they got there

If you like big crowds then it’s for you.
Posted By: marisol

Re: Xmas in July Savannah Bay Virgin Gorda - 07/29/2019 05:57 PM

Over 20 years ago we were bareboating in BVI and USVI. It was Easter weekend so lots of boats from PR. We pulled into Lienster Bay and got the last ball way at the end near shore. We were surrounded by rafted boats. It was the best night we ever spent on a sailing trip. Everyone was friendly, welcoming, and happy!! Our kids were young then and they remember it to this day.
Posted By: ski2play

Re: Xmas in July Savannah Bay Virgin Gorda - 07/29/2019 08:51 PM

Always and forever grateful for their help and service!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline