TravelTalkOnline

Walk from Long Bay (WE) to Smuggler’s

Posted By: crmoores

Walk from Long Bay (WE) to Smuggler’s - 08/09/2019 12:18 AM

Have not driven it in some time, what s the approx distance for walking? Bit of a trek on a hot day...
Posted By: SurfandSail

Re: Walk from Long Bay (WE) to Smuggler’s - 08/09/2019 12:48 AM

15-20 minutes

Re: Walk from Long Bay (WE) to Smuggler’s - 08/09/2019 02:16 PM

Thanks, not as far as I remembered...
I know Miss Patricia and Nigel were scooted out years ago but I’m reading Nigel is there with a cooler and grill? Any updates on vendors at Smuggler’s?
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Walk from Long Bay (WE) to Smuggler’s - 08/09/2019 02:49 PM

Nigel has a full blown shack/bar with a grill and other snacks.

Re: Walk from Long Bay (WE) to Smuggler’s - 08/09/2019 09:01 PM

Great. Is Miss Patricia working anywhere?
Posted By: RickinAtlanta

Re: Walk from Long Bay (WE) to Smuggler’s - 08/09/2019 10:48 PM

I read in another post recently that she was working in one of the restaurants but can't recall which one. She made some mean ribs/chicken/potato salad on her beat up grill at Smugglers back in the day!!
Posted By: YachtReprise

Re: Walk from Long Bay (WE) to Smuggler’s - 08/10/2019 02:52 AM

Oh...it's a bit longer than 15-20minutes! I'm thinkin' 30-45 minutes.

Re: Walk from Long Bay (WE) to Smuggler’s - 08/10/2019 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by RickinAtlanta
I read in another post recently that she was working in one of the restaurants but can't recall which one. She made some mean ribs/chicken/potato salad on her beat up grill at Smugglers back in the day!!

Yes I read that as well. We sorely miss Miss Patricia at Smuggler’s!

Re: Walk from Long Bay (WE) to Smuggler’s - 08/10/2019 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by YachtReprise
Oh...it's a bit longer than 15-20minutes! I'm thinkin' 30-45 minutes.

The drive did seem longer than a 15 min walk, but it is bumpy and it’s been awhile for us...Friends plan on a cruise and wanted to know the distance so they can walk back to the Tropical Fusion (or Sebastian’s store, still there?) to call a taxi if need be...
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Walk from Long Bay (WE) to Smuggler’s - 08/10/2019 04:22 PM

All that's in the Sebastian's store now are T shirts and hats..no more supplies..beer etc. for sale only at the bar along with their rum ( now $25 per bottle!). Tropical Fusion was closed when we went by right before we left on August 5th..not sure if it was over for the season or just that day. I have given a few folks rides back from Smuggler's..one way downhill seems to be fine but the walk back??....
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Walk from Long Bay (WE) to Smuggler’s - 08/10/2019 04:44 PM

Patricia and Bush are back at Smugglers. Have been for a month or two.

Re: Walk from Long Bay (WE) to Smuggler’s - 08/11/2019 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by JasonHelmbrecht
Patricia and Bush are back at Smugglers. Have been for a month or two.

Great news!!!
Posted By: Lcrich

Re: Walk from Long Bay (WE) to Smuggler’s - 08/13/2019 01:25 AM

Wear bug spray if you are walking!

Re: Walk from Long Bay (WE) to Smuggler’s - 08/13/2019 10:39 AM

A side question - the “road” from Smuggler’s to West End hasn’t changed has it? Still unpaved, and if a vehicle comes from the other direction one of you has to back up to find a spot to let the other pass?

Re: Walk from Long Bay (WE) to Smuggler’s - 08/13/2019 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by crmoores
A side question - the “road” from Smuggler’s to West End hasn’t changed has it? Still unpaved, and if a vehicle comes from the other direction one of you has to back up to find a spot to let the other pass?

It is still unpaved but in the last few months a lot of improvements have been made. It's more of a 20mph road now instead of a 5-10mph road.

Re: Walk from Long Bay (WE) to Smuggler’s - 08/14/2019 02:24 PM

It is still unpaved but in the last few months a lot of improvements have been made. It's more of a 20mph road now instead of a 5-10mph road.

Wow...is the road from Long Bay to Smuggler’s also improved? If so are taxis are now taking cruise ship pax there? That was our favorite escape with ships in port...

With improvements like the road to WE, the NCL mega-ships coming in, and development of Long Bay, Beef for day visitors lots of changes taking place...

Re: Walk from Long Bay (WE) to Smuggler’s - 08/14/2019 03:17 PM

Wow...is the road from Long Bay to Smuggler’s also improved? If so are taxis are now taking cruise ship pax there? That was our favorite escape with ships in port...

With improvements like the road to WE, the NCL mega-ships coming in, and development of Long Bay, Beef for day visitors lots of changes taking place...

Sorry, I should have been more clear. The road from Long Bay to Smugglers has been improved. I have not driven the Smugglers -> WE section recently so I can't speak to it.

Re: Walk from Long Bay (WE) to Smuggler’s - 08/14/2019 03:30 PM

Ok, thanks for the clarification.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline