TravelTalkOnline

Glass Shop on CGB

Posted By: shiloh8912

Glass Shop on CGB - 08/11/2019 05:23 PM

Our last sail in May of 15 we found a glass shop in CGB that was using recycled bottles to produce some beautiful glasswork. It doesn’t look like they are still around post Irma, does anyone know if they’ve re-opened elsewhere?
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Glass Shop on CGB - 08/11/2019 08:54 PM

They were suppose to open on Virgin Gorda but I dont think it happened..great loss to CGB IMHO (along with the Pusser's take over etc).
Posted By: Sunnykm

Re: Glass Shop on CGB - 08/12/2019 04:13 AM

I have a beautiful blue-green starfish from the glass blowers that were at CGB. It was lovely to meet the artists and watch a bit while they worked. Only a bit as it was very hot!
Posted By: crmoores

Re: Glass Shop on CGB - 08/12/2019 01:07 PM

Malcolm sounds like you’re not happy with the new Myett’s situation? if I’ve read correctly, Pusser’s now “runs” Myett’s restaurant. Or is it a partnership with Val & Kareem? Are the hotel and bar still separate? Did this affect the bar and happy hours?
Thanks, have not been since before Irma...
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Glass Shop on CGB - 08/12/2019 01:49 PM

The hotel and a small gift shop in the office are run by Val. The restaurant, bar, beach bar, and large gift shop are run by Pusser's.
Posted By: RickG

Re: Glass Shop on CGB - 08/12/2019 04:43 PM

Wow, didn't know about Pussers at Myett's. I remember my first visit to Myett's in 1996. The experience has improved and the service, music and food have been good in a great setting. I hope this works out well...

Cheers, RickG
Posted By: RandyA92

Re: Glass Shop on CGB - 08/12/2019 06:32 PM

My wife and I ate at Pusser/Myetts the first week of May and will not go back in November. Bad food, worse service of the entire week, made to feel like we were bothering them. Not the experience I had read about in the past.
Posted By: sail445

Re: Glass Shop on CGB - 08/12/2019 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by RandyA92
My wife and I ate at Pusser/Myetts the first week of May and will not go back in November. Bad food, worse service of the entire week, made to feel like we were bothering them. Not the experience I had read about in the past.

It seems everything is getting back to pre Irma days, you should know better then to interrupt them while they’re being paid to breath and take in the scenery.😁
Posted By: crmoores

Re: Glass Shop on CGB - 08/12/2019 09:05 PM

Back in ‘05 Prince and other bartenders were very aloof bordering on rude, Val and the waitresses were very nice. Next visit Prince was a prince, go figure!
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Glass Shop on CGB - 08/12/2019 09:11 PM

Only 1 waitress is left from the original Myett's crew. Everyone else is from the West End Pussers.
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Glass Shop on CGB - 08/12/2019 10:40 PM

Prince is at Omar's Fusion at West End now.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Glass Shop on CGB - 08/12/2019 11:07 PM

If you like Pusser's you'll like Pussett's..simple as that. Prince is a great addtion to Omar's Fusion..
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline