TravelTalkOnline

Dumbest Question Ever Asked!!!

Posted By: Five Faces

Dumbest Question Ever Asked!!! - 11/21/2019 03:58 AM

Dumb question...

As we all know the National Parks have color coded mooring bouy’s for daytime use. reddish-orange for non-diving, white for diving. Can someone please define diving for me? Does this include scuba, snorkeling, swimmimg?

Yes, I’m an idiot!!!
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Dumbest Question Ever Asked!!! - 11/21/2019 05:50 AM

Can’t remember the last time I saw a white ball but yes it is for diving with scuba gear. All balls have a 90 minute limit.
G
Posted By: Five Faces

Re: Dumbest Question Ever Asked!!! - 11/21/2019 06:02 AM

Thank you for your reply, so if we are just snorkeling we must use the reddish-orange no dive moorings and avoid the white dive only moorings, correct?
Posted By: NCSailor

Re: Dumbest Question Ever Asked!!! - 11/21/2019 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Five Faces
Thank you for your reply, so if we are just snorkeling we must use the reddish-orange no dive moorings and avoid the white dive only moorings, correct?

No, you just have to snorkel below the surface and run a dive flag. Then you are diving.

Re: Dumbest Question Ever Asked!!! - 11/21/2019 12:48 PM

There are not any white only balls that I have seen so it’s a bit of a moot point. You will find only red day use balls and yellow commercial dive balls.
G
Posted By: FLJim

Re: Dumbest Question Ever Asked!!! - 11/21/2019 02:29 PM

If you think that's the dumbest question ever asked on this forum, you haven't been around very long.
Posted By: LocalSailor

Re: Dumbest Question Ever Asked!!! - 11/21/2019 05:27 PM

"Do those rocks go all the way to the bottom?" - the winner in my sailing time.

Re: Dumbest Question Ever Asked!!! - 11/21/2019 06:41 PM

I once had a newbie ask me what currency the BVI used. I explained that they used the US dollar. She replied that that was convenient and then asked what the exchange rate would be!
Posted By: RickinAtlanta

Re: Dumbest Question Ever Asked!!! - 11/21/2019 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by GeorgeC1
I once had a newbie ask me what currency the BVI used. I explained that they used the US dollar. She replied that that was convenient and then asked what the exchange rate would be!

"You give me $2 I'll exchange it for $1" smile
Posted By: sail445

Re: Dumbest Question Ever Asked!!! - 11/21/2019 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by GeorgeC1

Sounds like my ex.
Posted By: Kryssa

Re: Dumbest Question Ever Asked!!! - 11/22/2019 06:33 PM

I would guess the balls at the sites too deep to snorkel are white, like Wreck Alley?
Posted By: SeaStar

Re: Dumbest Question Ever Asked!!! - 11/22/2019 06:40 PM

Thanks for the laughs Local Sailor and George!! rofl

Re: Dumbest Question Ever Asked!!! - 11/22/2019 09:23 PM

There are no white balls.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline