TravelTalkOnline

West End Ferry Update

Posted By: cruzdoc

West End Ferry Update - 12/13/2019 01:08 PM

Haven't been down since June and saw where Native Son does have some ferries on the schedule now from Red Hook, ST to West End, Tortola. Do they have a terminal rebuilt at West End now to accommodate normal ferry traffic? They were only taking private ferries and yachts when we were there last.

Also, has anyone used the terminal and can comment on their efficiency assuming it has reopened? Trying to verify for some crew coming in April. Thanks in advance!

Brett
Posted By: OceanSong

Re: West End Ferry Update - 12/13/2019 04:28 PM

We had crew leave from West End on November 30th. My wife and I departed from there a few days later. A new terminal has been built, but it may be temporary - I'm not sure. The terminal seems adequate and both our departing crew and us thought things ran smoothly. Both ferries departed on time. Our crew caught the Saturday,12:30 ferry to Charlotte Amalie and we took the Tuesday, 12:30 ferry to Red Hook. Check the schedules to make sure, but I think the run between CA and WE is on weekends and the Red Hook transit is on weekdays - I might be mistaken.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: West End Ferry Update - 12/13/2019 09:39 PM

The new terminal is temporary but sufficient for the current volume. It is as efficient as the old terminal was so take that as you like...

There are boats to/from both CA and Red Hook.

Current Schedule:
NATIVE SON - Departs Tortola
DAILY
8:30 am WE to RH
12:30 pm WE to RH
4 pm WE to RH
NATIVE SON - Departs St. Thomas
DAILY
7:45 am** RH to WE
11:45 am RH to WE
3:15 pm RH to WE
5 pm Red Hook to WE/RT Daily

INTER ISLAND BOAT SERVICES
7:15 am & 3 pm RH to WE Daily
8 am & 4:30 pm WE to RH Daily

SMITH'S FERRY
DAILY:
11:35 am RT to CA returning 3:30 pm WE*/RT *WE only if passengers
12 noon WE to CA (Check in by 11:30 am)
Posted By: cruzdoc

Re: West End Ferry Update - 12/14/2019 12:13 AM

Great info OceanSong and Jason. Exactly what I was looking for and much appreciated!
Posted By: chbrow10

Re: West End Ferry Update - 12/27/2019 11:39 PM

I recently called Native Son and they indicated the 7:45 departure from Red Hook was not running.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline