TravelTalkOnline

Service charge

Posted By: capndar

Service charge - 12/18/2019 12:23 AM

Very disappointed in Corsairs
They actually added 20% on our bill and then on our credit card left the tip area blank indicating fresh to tip 20%. So another words you would be tipping about 42%. When I asked the guy at bar said the first 20% which for the back kitchen staff.

This seems to be more and more common
Posted By: warren460

Re: Service charge - 12/18/2019 12:46 AM

I have heard this nonsense explanation elsewhere
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Service charge - 12/18/2019 01:10 AM

Its a scam and a blight on our islands...shame on all these establishments..they should be taken off everybodys lists..Its happening more and more and the Gov and tourist board turns a blind eye as many of us try to coaks folks back after the storm...Shame on all of them..Vinnie I hope you and the others read this..
Posted By: Deepcut

Re: Service charge - 12/18/2019 02:37 AM

I too have noted attempts to "double" tip.

Dinner on shore is way overrated. For the most part, I prefer my meals off grill... And the boat drinks are much less.

Between this and the BVI Gov'ment adding on new and more fees, the Golden Goose may go elsewhere.... or at least change their behavior, and spending habits.
Posted By: NCSailor

Re: Service charge - 12/18/2019 03:13 AM

So many BVI tourists are first timers or they don’t participate on this board. There are enough “suckers” out there that these tricks payoff for the owners. Not surprised Vinny is participating.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Service charge - 12/18/2019 03:18 AM

To be honest I always thought better of Vinny. I wonder if he knows what the staff is doing.
G
Posted By: CaptainJay

Re: Service charge - 12/18/2019 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by capndar
Very disappointed in Corsairs
They actually added 20% on our bill and then on our credit card left the tip area blank indicating fresh to tip 20%. So another words you would be tipping about 42%. When I asked the guy at bar said the first 20% which for the back kitchen staff.

This seems to be more and more common

Thirty-five dollars for a veggie pizza. Forty-five for a Kobe burger. Eighty-nine for a steak. Plus a mandatory 20% tip/service charge. I won't be back.
Posted By: capndar

Re: Service charge - 12/18/2019 12:41 PM

I always liked and recommended Corsairs....
Posted By: CDavis2

Re: Service charge - 12/18/2019 01:06 PM

Maybe I am outside the norm but I simply ask if gratuity is already included before signing the check when I am in the BVI. Corsair's has always disclosed it when I have asked and show it on the hand written bill before they run your card. Including gratuity and still showing the tip line seems to be common at most of the places we eat at.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Service charge - 12/18/2019 07:52 PM

I always ask if service is included..but have been lied to when the "tax" is included. I guess they assume I am a tourist but have had them be adamant that food is taxed. That is BS..It is, plain and simple, a hidden service charge.
Posted By: sail445

Re: Service charge - 12/18/2019 09:11 PM

Ha ha , come on don’t be a tight wad.
They gave you lousy service, ignored you when you needed another drink,
The food was what it was.
Then they slapped you with other unknown charges and you politely smiled and thanked them

What more do you want ??👻
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline