TravelTalkOnline

Little Dix Bay

Posted By: Orange_Burst

Little Dix Bay - 01/08/2020 04:41 PM

Looks like Little Dix has reopened. It's been a while!

https://bvinews.com/rosewood-little-dix-bay-reopens-on-vg-with-many-new-features/
Posted By: NoelHall

Re: Little Dix Bay - 01/08/2020 04:45 PM

The old satellite view reflects a couple of sailing catamarans anchored in the small bay in front of Little Dix Bay Resort. It this a possible overnight stop? Apparently the restaurants are open to the public?
Posted By: Cleobeach

Re: Little Dix Bay - 01/08/2020 07:00 PM

We plan on either lunch or dinner there next month.
Posted By: gordaguy2

Re: Little Dix Bay - 01/08/2020 07:04 PM

Good to have them back in operation - the island needs the steady employment to make up for the reduction in construction activity now that most of the buildings have repaired post IRMA
Posted By: gudiss

Re: Little Dix Bay - 01/09/2020 02:43 PM

we were down two weeks ago on a 40' cat. around 4pm we ended up in LDB seeking retreat from a northern swell. no problem entering and the holding is very good. the beach and renovated resort looked great. another 56' cat came in and anchored next to us for the night. the reef did break the swell pretty well and made for a good nights sleep. we used the resorts dingy dock and called for a taxi to Cocco Maya. talking to the staff, they welcome boaters and are developing a day pass giving access to the facilities.

Re: Little Dix Bay - 01/09/2020 03:40 PM

So I got a crazy idea to investigate extending our stay on VG by two or three nights. Holy Cow, the nightly rates are $2,250 with taxes and fees for the cheapest room. We will be going home as scheduled.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Little Dix Bay - 01/09/2020 05:14 PM

Just WOW!
Posted By: Kirk

Re: Little Dix Bay - 01/09/2020 05:50 PM

Does that include free wifi?
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Little Dix Bay - 01/09/2020 06:32 PM

Not much free at that rate..so much for trying to lure folks back after Irma..

Re: Little Dix Bay - 01/09/2020 08:53 PM

My thoughts exactly Manpot! For really fantastic locations, I am ok with high prices. We LOVED Caneel back in the day and paid those prices but current LDB rates are astronomical. And $2250 a night did NOT include breakfast.
Posted By: Nevermonday

Re: Little Dix Bay - 01/20/2020 10:54 PM

Please also not if you are staying at Little Dix BAy and you book excursions through the hotel they are taking a 20% commission for their services.. So please BOOK DIRECT so that the businesses in the BVI can survive. SMall businesses cannot afford these kind of deductions.
Posted By: steve74

Re: Little Dix Bay - 01/21/2020 12:00 AM

I'm surprised that they allowed you to use their dinghy dock if you weren't having dinner there. This seems like an ideal place to stay if they continue to allow you to use their dock for accessing Coco Maya.
Posted By: sail445

Re: Little Dix Bay - 01/21/2020 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by Nevermonday
Please also not if you are staying at Little Dix BAy and you book excursions through the hotel they are taking a 20% commission for their services.. So please BOOK DIRECT so that the businesses in the BVI can survive. SMall businesses cannot afford these kind of deductions.

All hotels, cruise ships and booking companies charge a percentage.
Actually your better off going to a booking company then going direct because you won’t get ripped off.
Posted By: tpcook

Re: Little Dix Bay - 01/21/2020 01:12 AM

I try to get guests to go direct instead of going thru Airbnb, Trip advisor, VRBO and Homeaway. They take a percentage of rack rate. But worst of all they keep the guests money until the guest moves in. Running a villa rental is becoming difficult.
Posted By: ohstate

Re: Little Dix Bay - 01/21/2020 01:33 AM

Check with Tina at Guavaberry Spring Bay. We love it.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline