TravelTalkOnline

Power Day Boat Rental

Posted By: Slug

Power Day Boat Rental - 01/12/2020 06:34 PM

Hello, we are two couples staying at Scrub Island in the middle of March. We are interested in renting a 27' to 32' Center Console March 14th and 15th .. bareboat. I did a search but nothing really came up in existing threads. Anyone know of an outfit that may be able to help us? I contacted the folks at Levrick with the Bradley's but they will not let us keep it overnight at Scrub.
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Power Day Boat Rental - 01/12/2020 06:46 PM

Try Island Time.
Posted By: NCSailor

Re: Power Day Boat Rental - 01/12/2020 08:38 PM

Even if you are experienced consider a captain. We rented a center console out of STJ a number of years ago while staying at Caneel Bay. The cost of the captain was minimal and we wanted to be able to imbibe in the BVIs. Turned out to be a smart decision as the outboard was a PIA all day. Would have ruined the day if I had to spend my time trying to keep it running.
Posted By: NoelHall

Re: Power Day Boat Rental - 01/12/2020 08:44 PM

Might also take a look at Dive BVI on Scrub Island. They has a couple of day trips out of Scrub that visit several islands. It is not the typical 'cattle boat', I don't think you will disappointed. I don't know if it is offered on the dates you mentioned.
Posted By: Slug

Re: Power Day Boat Rental - 01/13/2020 02:22 AM

Ratmans Wife, this looks perfect! I will be contacting them in the morning.

While I appreciate the recommendations to have a Capt'n or a tour, we are comfortable running the boat ourselves and have done the CC a couple times with Capt'n previously.

Thanks all!
Posted By: Nevermonday

Re: Power Day Boat Rental - 01/20/2020 10:57 PM

Dive BVI do not offer boat rentals and are cattle boat. Use the smaller companies like Island time or Bradley boats that are smaller personalised services.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline