TravelTalkOnline

Cain Garden Bay stop - Dinner at Bananakeet or D'Coal PotPot

Posted By: UncleLuff

Cain Garden Bay stop - Dinner at Bananakeet or D'Coal PotPot - 01/30/2020 02:19 PM

So, obviously nothing in stone but preliminary sail intentions have us stopping at Cain Garden Bay after a trip to Anegada on a Monday. After a few cocktails on the beach was thinking of taking a taxi (we will be 4 guys) to Bananakeet. But then I saw that d'Coal Pot has moved to a new location right on the beach and not too far past Bananakeet.

I have been to Bananakeet and really enjoyed the restaurant and the view with my family. I have not been to D'Coal Pot but hear it is supposed to be really good.... So.... which one should we eat at?
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Cain Garden Bay stop - Dinner at Bananakeet or D'Coal PotPot - 01/30/2020 03:09 PM

Both are good...D"Coal Pot is a little cheaper but great menu with many options ( and they serve the Ginger Wine Chicken from the old Palm's Delight and Skyworld before that) For that alone its worth trying! If you have been to Bananakeet then maybe time to try D'Coal Pot. I'd be tempted to get the cab driver to take you to The Sugar Mill first for a happy hour drink in the upstairsbar (Vicky makes the worlds' best Margarita) and then take you back for dinner at D'Coal Pot (unless you then look at The Sugar Mill menus..up and beachfront and decide to stay there)
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Cain Garden Bay stop - Dinner at Bananakeet or D'Coal PotPot - 01/30/2020 04:12 PM

We love D' Coal Pot and eat there a couple times when we stay on land. We always get the Ginger Wine Chicken, the Jerked Pork Chop & the Lobster Fettucine.
Posted By: casailor53

Re: Cain Garden Bay stop - Dinner at Bananakeet or D'Coal PotPot - 01/30/2020 06:15 PM

Mal, is staff still the same at Bananakeet? Spice, Chicken, etc?
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Cain Garden Bay stop - Dinner at Bananakeet or D'Coal PotPot - 01/30/2020 06:56 PM

Have not been by there yet but I do believe so..will report back!
Posted By: Twells

Re: Cain Garden Bay stop - Dinner at Bananakeet or D'Coal PotPot - 01/30/2020 08:36 PM

Hard to beat Banankeet at sunset, but both are very good.
Posted By: warren460

Re: Cain Garden Bay stop - Dinner at Bananakeet or D'Coal PotPot - 01/31/2020 01:01 PM

Both are very good
Posted By: UncleLuff

Re: Cain Garden Bay stop - Dinner at Bananakeet or D'Coal PotPot - 01/31/2020 01:40 PM

Thanks All, for the comments.... given the responses (and the fact that I haven't been) I guess D'Coal Pot it will be.
Posted By: warren460

Re: Cain Garden Bay stop - Dinner at Bananakeet or D'Coal PotPot - 02/01/2020 02:39 AM

Great lobster Roti at D‘Coat Pot.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline