TravelTalkOnline

Sandbox

Posted By: nysaills

Sandbox - 02/01/2020 01:27 AM

Heard the sandbox up in north sound is open- has anyone been by? Any maintained balls in the mooring field or it is a clear anchorage? Holding out hope for the north sound for our upcoming trip!
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Sandbox - 02/01/2020 01:34 AM

I anchored there last Dec. I did not see any balls but planned to anchor anyway due to a thunderstorm forecast. It’s excellent holding.
G
Posted By: BaardJ

Re: Sandbox - 02/01/2020 03:27 AM

No mooring balls. Great anchorage.

They were not open 2 weeks ago but they look to be very close to being open. There were beach chairs set up around 4 large palapas and they had several dozen lounge chairs locked up. Looks like they need to finish some electrical work at the bar. Most of the construction debris has been cleared away. The dock is fully repaired.
Posted By: VI Fun!

Re: Sandbox - 02/02/2020 09:02 PM

I would be interested in knowing if they are open too. I never got to see the Sandbox before the storms but visited Prickly Pear last June when we were staying in Leverick. The only thing we saw last year was a goat. Heading back to the North Sound this April.
Posted By: VirginGordaResident

Re: Sandbox - 03/01/2020 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by VI Fun!
I would be interested in knowing if they are open too. I never got to see the Sandbox before the storms but visited Prickly Pear last June when we were staying in Leverick. The only thing we saw last year was a goat. Heading back to the North Sound this April.

Unfortunately, Sandbox has still not opened yet. They are darn close, but I have heard rumors they may be experiencing issues with food permitting/licenses? But that is just from the Coconut Telegraph I have no official word.

There no moorings there either anymore. Still a great anchorage and the beach is nice.
Posted By: warren460

Re: Sandbox - 03/01/2020 05:21 PM

The sandbox opened today
Posted By: VirginGordaResident

Re: Sandbox - 03/01/2020 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by warren460
The sandbox opened today

I literally just heard this too! Great news.
Posted By: warren460

Re: Sandbox - 03/01/2020 07:56 PM

I saw it posted on fb. Hopefully they add a lot of fcfs balls. This would hopefully result in Leverick getting rid of the stupid Boatyball.
Posted By: Scandia

Re: Sandbox - 03/01/2020 08:33 PM

Awesome! This will definitely be on our list of stops!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline