TravelTalkOnline

Little Dix Bay Resort

Posted By: mcevog

Little Dix Bay Resort - 02/09/2020 09:04 PM

Anchored here for the night, inside the reef and in a pleasant and sheltered lagoon. I was careful to ensure that I was OK to do this by emailing the Little Dix resort concierge service ahead of time, and received a welcoming reply. Having said all that no sooner had I dropped the hook, careful to leave enough space for passing boats to get from the marked entrance to the resort dock, I was told in no uncertain terms by their dock manager to leave the lagoon and anchor outside the reef...

I assured him that I had asked for permission to anchor where I had - to be clear I was the ONLY vessel anchored in the lagoon, and there was a good 50-100 ft of clear space ahead of me for vessels to pass - and I went about settling in. He grumpily went about his business muttering about needing a clear channel!

I think the resort has only been open for a few weeks so I assume this is some simple customer service teething trouble. I hope that others will make use of this as an anchorage. We plan to use the bar tonight for some sundown cocktails - the place looks beautiful, and the anchorage is boatyball free (!) and well sheltered.
Posted By: SonOfTheSea

Re: Little Dix Bay Resort - 02/10/2020 04:50 AM

Are there any mooring balls at all?
Posted By: mcevog

Re: Little Dix Bay Resort - 02/10/2020 10:52 AM

No... just room for anchoring. Very well protected.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline