TravelTalkOnline

BVI Spring Regatta 2020

Posted By: sisterblysse

BVI Spring Regatta 2020 - 02/22/2020 04:50 PM

My husband and I are looking forward to our third time racing in the spring regatta. It's always great fun and this time we are bring two sailing friends with us. Just wondered if there were any other TTOLers who were going to be there at the same time?

For those who have been before, what is your favourite part of the sailing festival/race week? Personally I prefer the long races to the buoy racing...and the rum cocktails!
Posted By: Zanshin

Re: BVI Spring Regatta 2020 - 02/22/2020 07:09 PM

I'll be on the committee boat - that keeps me out of the race and prevents me from embarrassing myself and damaging the boat! Which class will you be in? If this will be the 3rd time for you the race must hold a lot of attraction for you - congratulations!

Re: BVI Spring Regatta 2020 - 02/23/2020 11:07 AM

I think it holds more appeal for my husband but I love the cruising grounds - we will be in the bareboat class.
One of my best memories is crossing the finish line in the Bitter End Cup 2009 with a foghorn blast from the committee boat.
See you out there.

Re: BVI Spring Regatta 2020 - 03/15/2020 02:49 PM

This event has been postponed. It is looking increasingly unlikely that we can even travel in to the BVI for a regular charter.
https://bvispringregatta.org/2020-bvi-spring-regatta-postponed/

There is always next year, Covid-19 permitting.

Stay safe everyone.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline