TravelTalkOnline

Cane Garden Bay

Posted By: Ratherfly

Cane Garden Bay - 02/29/2020 10:26 AM

Perhaps the has been addressed, but I’m too sleep deprived to find it.

If you enjoy sleeping, don’t stay here. Last night music blared beyond 3:00 am that was loud enough to vibrate the boat. Should have known something was wrong when it was so easy to find a mooring late afternoon.

Some music was expected, but past 3, was ridiculous. Beware.

I’m going to go drink a pot of coffee now. Zzzzzzz
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Cane Garden Bay - 02/29/2020 12:07 PM

There was a show at the west end of CGB last night put on , I believe, by the Callwoods next to the old " Wedding" that they are rebuilding..we avoided it like the plague!
Posted By: Ratherfly

Re: Cane Garden Bay - 02/29/2020 12:08 PM

Wish we knew. 😴
Posted By: Deepcut

Re: Cane Garden Bay - 02/29/2020 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Ratherfly
Should have known something was wrong when it was so easy to find a mooring late afternoon.

The real reason so few balls were occupied is it was SATURDAY Night. This tends to be the slowest day at JVD and Anegada because almost all bareboat charters are turning over on Saturday(and Sunday). So if you want to avoid the crowds start charter midweek (Tuesday or Wednesday). Or better yet, 10-12 day charter, and separate from the pack.
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: Cane Garden Bay - 02/29/2020 02:00 PM

.....last night was Friday....unless you are in OZ....
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Cane Garden Bay - 02/29/2020 02:14 PM

laugh laugh
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Cane Garden Bay - 02/29/2020 03:22 PM

You could stay at our place and be protected from the noise by our new hurricane rates doors and windows! Slept like a baby last night despite the concert!

Seriously though, it is Spring Fest weekend and the music will repeat tonight (Saturday) but then it will be over. Even tonight, the moorings in the SE corner of the bay should be quiet. The music is at the far west end and the stage/speakers face Ballast Bay to the west.
Posted By: Deepcut

Re: Cane Garden Bay - 02/29/2020 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Winterstale
.....last night was Friday....unless you are in OZ....

OOPS. I am having a long weekend and yesterday seemed like Saturday tome.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline