TravelTalkOnline

Provisioning to Scrub: Bobby's or Riteway?

Posted By: harleybuffett

Provisioning to Scrub: Bobby's or Riteway? - 03/05/2020 06:24 PM

Good morning all, has anyone used Bobby's to provision when going out of Scrub? They seem to have better prices than Riteway and more of what we're looking for, but they said they personally don't deliver to Scrub but just put it on the Trellis ferry and we have to meet it at the dock Which is fine...but I can't get an answer about what time. They said DYC would meet the ferry for us but that's not what I'm hearing from DYC. Riteway will deliver to the DYC office and then they'll let us know ( Like if we're up at the pool ). Am I overthinking this? Who has used Bobby's and how did it go?

Re: Provisioning to Scrub: Bobby's or Riteway? - 03/05/2020 06:57 PM

sorry, I just realized my mistake duh
Posted By: captmoby

Re: Provisioning to Scrub: Bobby's or Riteway? - 03/05/2020 10:48 PM

There is great small Riteway in East End not far at all from Trellis. I know that you are looking for full provisioning but if you want to finish out your provision order or add items this is a great option. Just a short hop by your boat or taxi from Scrub.
Posted By: Boondox

Re: Provisioning to Scrub: Bobby's or Riteway? - 03/06/2020 02:04 AM

Provisioned with Bobby’s for our trip last Thursday and boat was fully prepared when we arrived at 5pm. DYC staff will take the order and load the boat/stock fridge and freezer. Very satisfied with both services.
Posted By: UncleLuff

Re: Provisioning to Scrub: Bobby's or Riteway? - 03/06/2020 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Boondox
Provisioned with Bobby’s for our trip last Thursday and boat was fully prepared when we arrived at 5pm. DYC staff will take the order and load the boat/stock fridge and freezer. Very satisfied with both services.

Hi Boondox; Did you go through DYC chartering form or did you go through Bobby's? Will be sailing in early May so time to start planning. thx!

JD -

Re: Provisioning to Scrub: Bobby's or Riteway? - 03/06/2020 02:08 PM

I went directly through Bobby’s with their downloadable order form. Emailed it to them and got a confirmation of receipt, a few days later order confirmation. We’ve done it this way for our last three charters with no issue.
Posted By: TallOne

Re: Provisioning to Scrub: Bobby's or Riteway? - 03/06/2020 02:29 PM

Boondox "I went directly through Bobby’s with their downloadable order form. Emailed it to them and got a confirmation of receipt, a few days later order confirmation."

This may sound like a stupid question but when you used the "downloaded form" did you use what looked like an excel spreadsheet or the really colorful form on their site to fax to them?

Re: Provisioning to Scrub: Bobby's or Riteway? - 03/06/2020 07:18 PM

Their downloadable excel spreadsheet is formatted to put in your quantity and it will populate on an order page to show you total and items ordered. Saved that and emailed it back to them. As a bonus they knocked off an extra 5% of our total.

Re: Provisioning to Scrub: Bobby's or Riteway? - 03/06/2020 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Boondox

So, DYC staff will meet the ferry and take care of it? I will clarify that with them! Thanks everybody....you were most helpful!

Re: Provisioning to Scrub: Bobby's or Riteway? - 03/07/2020 12:25 AM

I don’t want to make that assumption across the board, but in our case that’s what happened. Our check out rep told us he stocked the boat. It’s common practice for either the delivery service or the charter company to make sure you’re refrigerated goods are properly stowed for your arrival.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline