TravelTalkOnline

IPA and brown ale availability

Posted By: Nhbeachcpl

IPA and brown ale availability - 03/10/2020 11:14 PM

Hi there,

We are a small group of 17 heading down in early April. Staying in Anegada but some folks may provision through RTW or Bobbys but we don't see any IPA or Brown Ales available. We have a couple of serious beer folks coming and wondering what folks know about availability of provisioning. Is there any place on Tortola or VG.that carries IPAs? any info is appreciated.
Posted By: TC42

Re: IPA and brown ale availability - 03/10/2020 11:23 PM

I'm in your friends camp but the pickings are very slim for provisioning. There's one IPA but its pretty weak effort:

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/12230/54127/

At a few restaurants you can find some better beers. I usually just deal with it and drink Red Stripe and other similar options.
Posted By: FRANKIE2

Re: IPA and brown ale availability - 03/11/2020 03:19 AM

Just be aware that the name is very appropriate: very "hoppy".

KFQ
Posted By: BadgerSailor

Re: IPA and brown ale availability - 03/11/2020 12:03 PM

Tico’s in RT started carrying craft beers including several from the Hepworth brewery. I tried the ‘Prospect” and “Summit” ales and between the two I prefer Summit because Prospect was a bit too malty for my taste. They are sold in 500 ml bottles. You can check them out on Tico’s website.
Posted By: Orange_Burst

Re: IPA and brown ale availability - 03/11/2020 12:34 PM

I don't know anything about IPA's, but I did notice that Caribbean Cellars carries a few.
Posted By: Nhbeachcpl

Re: IPA and brown ale availability - 03/11/2020 01:09 PM

Thank you just what we were looking for. Now if they just let the flights etc happen if will be all good. Appreciate the responses
Posted By: LocalSailor

Re: IPA and brown ale availability - 03/11/2020 05:25 PM

If any of the group is traveling through St Thomas the Pueblo market near the airport has quite a few beers available on their new 'wall of beer'
Posted By: sleepychef

Re: IPA and brown ale availability - 03/11/2020 05:43 PM

There is beer on tap on Anegada ay Sids and The Wonky Dog
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: IPA and brown ale availability - 03/11/2020 06:22 PM

Doesn't really help you on Anegada, but the Tola Brewery opened today so if you come to shop on Tortola, it might be worth a stop for your beer drinking friends!
Posted By: A. Locker

Re: IPA and brown ale availability - 03/11/2020 07:02 PM

I didn't see much IPA anywhere on Tortola but that doesn't mean it's not there. I will say the Guiness Foreign was surprisingly tasty, we can't get it here in The States. I also enjoyed Carib more than I though I would. I did have an IPA draft on Cooper Island and it was just OK.
Posted By: OceanSong

Re: IPA and brown ale availability - 03/11/2020 10:03 PM

Where is Tola Brewery located, near Road Reef Marina and TMM Yacht Charters?
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: IPA and brown ale availability - 03/11/2020 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by OceanSong
Where is Tola Brewery located, near Road Reef Marina and TMM Yacht Charters?

Yes, drive past TMM and you'll see the warehouse/storage looking buildings by the sea.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline