TravelTalkOnline

Fuel prices

Posted By: Bamaboy

Fuel prices - 03/10/2020 11:30 PM

Will be making it down in June.What can I expect fuel prices to be.Gonna b on a power cat from Moorings and am so excited I thinkI just tee ted in my pants a little.Thanks for your help.
Posted By: agrimsrud

Re: Fuel prices - 03/11/2020 12:05 AM

I filled in Sopers Hole a few days ago. I think it was 4.50 a gallon. I also filled in Charlotte Amalie and the price there was around $4/gallon. But the way oil prices are tanking right now I would think by June (if it stays this way) the lower oil prices are going to show up at the fuel pump.
Posted By: Steve27

Re: Fuel prices - 03/14/2020 04:05 PM

We are heading out from Moorings on a 433 PC in June. We arrive Friday the 12th and heading out the morning of the 13th. When are you going to be down there?
Posted By: Bamaboy

Re: Fuel prices - 03/14/2020 04:59 PM

Scheduled for June 17-27.Hope we can make it happen with this dang virus allover.BoatLooks awesome in the videos.Maybe we;ll see ya down there
Posted By: Steve27

Re: Fuel prices - 03/15/2020 02:30 PM

We may cross paths. We have chartered the 51PC a few times and they are fantastic. This is our first time with the 433 PC with just 4 of us. We have chartered 7 times with the Moorings and have never had an issue. I am crossing fingers about this mass hysteria over the virus also. Hoping that there will not be a travel ban right before we go and also that the food provisions will not be interrupted. Here is a hint about the fuel on these boats...We travel around 2000 rpm (9-10kts) and enjoy the leisurely travel. The Cats can travel around 18 its wide open however you can watch the fuel gauges move. We run the genes when we stop and all night till we move the next morning. If you look at the Moorings website under fleet, click your boat and there will be a link to fuel consumption. It will show the burn rate for the engines. We usually burn a total of 1 tank and we travel to all the islands. I have always paid between $600-$650 for fuel. One of the best vacations we ever do...Safe travels
Posted By: BaardJ

Re: Fuel prices - 03/15/2020 08:26 PM

Crown Bay Marina in St Thomas was $3.43 today, $0.56 lower than 2 months ago.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline