TravelTalkOnline

Happy Birthday - to ME!

Posted By: polaris

Happy Birthday - to ME! - 04/09/2020 02:19 PM

During this time of forced hibernation I am reflecting on the sailing trip (a "FEW" years ago) depicted in my photo, at left. My daughter hosted my birthday dinner party at the Barrel Stay restaurant on Antigua. I, along with family and friends, was sailing Jeannius from Martinique to Tortolla. (Many of you have followed Jeannius and owner Mike and Jean Beswick on TTOL as they had the 44 ft catamaran at TMM for years and then did a circumnavigation with her.) Mike and Jean had sailed to St. Lucia to watch the world cricket championships and we picked it up on Martinique.This was an island-hopping 10 day trip with stops on Ile de Saints, Guadaloupe, St. Kitt, Statia and St Martin. After this dinner party we did an overnight sail of the Anegada Passage to Virgin Gorda. Luckily, as dawn broke VG was right where it should be ...I knew where I was but was worried VG had been misplaced!

Stay safe everyone!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Happy Birthday - to ME! - 04/09/2020 02:32 PM

Thanks for the nice story and Happy Birthday!! toast

Re: Happy Birthday - to ME! - 04/09/2020 04:21 PM

Just so you know how old age works, the island was Anguilla, not Antigua.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Happy Birthday - to ME! - 04/09/2020 04:23 PM

Happy birthday..
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Happy Birthday - to ME! - 04/09/2020 04:25 PM

I was thinking maybe you meant Anguilla, but have had a few 'senior moments' myself, so no room to complain here!
Posted By: Deepcut

Re: Happy Birthday - to ME! - 04/10/2020 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by polaris
...I knew where I was but was worried VG had been misplaced!

Stay safe everyone!

I guess your GPS was not accurate?
Posted By: Jeannius

Re: Happy Birthday - to ME! - 04/10/2020 05:46 AM

Great times Nolan. Happy Birthday. toast

Hope you and Kit are safe and well

Re: Happy Birthday - to ME! - 04/10/2020 02:02 PM

Hi Mike,
Thanks for you good wishes. Kit and I are hunkered down and are well... but just so you know how wild and crazy we are, we are NOT practicing social distancing. Talking with a neighbor he asked if I had any underlying conditions, after thinking about it I told him "being 83 IS an underlying condition."

Still doing Wednesday night races (hopefully this summer) and my skipper said, in deference to my advanced age, he is moving me to the position of mainsail trimmer...a more mental than athletic position.

All our best to you and Jean - stay safe.

Nolan
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline