TravelTalkOnline

Jeff Carlin.

Posted By: Manpot

Jeff Carlin. - 07/10/2020 08:55 PM

For those of us lucky enough to remember Jeff Carlin and the great times he and Chrissie shared with all of us in the BVI's...and with us back in California and with Steve Cropper after his big show in Nashville..it is with a breaking heart that Chrissie asked me to let you all know that Jeff has checked out and gone to his own "Dock of the Bay"..maybe CGB..White Bay. Jeff had been battling cancer for a long time and fought it hard to the very end according to his beloved Chrissie. Funeral is on Long Island and we will make sure that we have a great life celebration with Chrissie in the BVI's in the not too distant future..Jeff was huge here on TTOL and a great lover of life, sunshine, the BVI's, music and his lovely wife..Chrissie. Sail on sailor...I'm sure you're looking back over the starboard rail at all of us toasting you..
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Jeff Carlin. - 07/10/2020 09:20 PM

Ah, Mal. So sorry to hear that.. Man.. Cancer is a b*tch.. Give Chrissie our condolences.
Posted By: NCSailor

Re: Jeff Carlin. - 07/10/2020 10:04 PM

I didn't know Jeff but may he rest in peace.
Posted By: TomGarvey

Re: Jeff Carlin. - 07/10/2020 11:15 PM

Very sad. I didn’t know Jeff well, but I remember his warmth and his smile. My heart goes out to Chrissie.
Posted By: Kmon

Re: Jeff Carlin. - 07/11/2020 12:09 AM

We were lucky to have met him and Chrissie all those years ago at Kim and Lew Spruance's villa in Leverick Bay VG. Unfortunately, Lew also passed not long ago. May they both Rest In Peace!
Posted By: bagsarepacked

Re: Jeff Carlin. - 07/11/2020 01:31 PM

Very sorry for your loss. As Carol says....Cancer *@&# !!!
Posted By: Kimmers

Re: Jeff Carlin. - 07/11/2020 10:08 PM

Chrissy now has her hands full in selling their business as well as dealing with all that comes with the lose of her beloved husband. I, as well as Mappy, have been in contact with her over this ordeal. Having lost my own husband this past January after 42-years, I'm hoping to be the shoulder she needs to lean on and will try to give her support and encouragement that she need during her loss as best I can.
Posted By: kneafseym

Re: Jeff Carlin. - 07/13/2020 02:36 AM

I was very glad I picked up the phone in April and called him to catch up. Something all of us need to be more diligent in doing. Have great memories of sailing with Jeff and Chrissie aboard our boat Aristo-Cat, either I or II, can't remember that much.
Posted By: map

Re: Jeff Carlin. - 07/16/2020 02:17 PM

I have great, very fond memories of sailing with Jeff and Chrissie and spending time with them in a place we called Paradise. Our friendship developed due to our shared love of the BVI's and remained through the years. Along with Kimmers and Lew and my
"brother" Bill and Lady Di, we had some memorable times together that I surely will always treasure. To copy Malcom: Sail on sailor...I'm sure you're looking back over the starboard rail at all of us toasting you. RIP dear friend!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline