TravelTalkOnline

Charter companies update

Posted By: Michel_Benarrosh

Charter companies update - 10/19/2020 01:15 AM

Does anyone have an update about the situation with payments coming form charter companies - in particular in regard to guaranteed monthly payments?
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Charter companies update - 10/19/2020 10:26 AM

My contract with the Moorings ended in July. They made every payment over the 5 year contract on time.
Posted By: EllenS

Re: Charter companies update - 10/19/2020 10:50 AM

I am with Marine Max and all payments have been made and on time.

Ellen
Posted By: Husker

Re: Charter companies update - 10/19/2020 01:56 PM

Moorings is current with our monthly payments.
Posted By: Michel_Benarrosh

Re: Charter companies update - 10/19/2020 06:51 PM

Good to hear!!
Posted By: bailau

Re: Charter companies update - 10/19/2020 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by GeorgeC1
My contract with the Moorings ended in July. They made every payment over the 5 year contract on time.

You are welcome my friend...glad I could spot them an interest free loan for you...:)
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Charter companies update - 10/19/2020 08:22 PM

I suspect just the profit they made when I bought the boat pretty much covered their costs in paying. The Moorings business model is about selling boats not renting them. Had they stopped owner payments they probably would have lost the company. The Moorings has been swamped with calls from owners at other companies begging them to take the boats into their fleet. They are not doing that because as I mentioned the profit is in selling boats. With the volume of boats they order each year I suspect the markup is at least 40%. Rental income is however on the rise as other locations are opening up. It will be interesting to see what the Moorings does with the BVI fleet as it looks like this season is done. I hope they consider a few true US bases rather than partnerships. Since Covid is here to stay I think Miami and Key West are both opportunities and some boats could be flowed up to the NE in the winter.

Re: Charter companies update - 10/19/2020 09:37 PM

In the short term they had to take the owners side...it will be interesting to see how the long term plays out.

Moorings can sell all the boats they want as long as charterers will pay the buyers leases...and it will be interesting if BVI doesn't open until next season with what they will do with the credits
Posted By: MrEZgoin

Re: Charter companies update - 10/20/2020 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by bailau
In the short term they had to take the owners side...it will be interesting to see how the long term plays out.

Moorings can sell all the boats they want as long as charterers will pay the buyers leases...and it will be interesting if BVI doesn't open until next season with what they will do with the credits

I doubt this was an either/or choice. There are contracts on both sides. Are you saying they violated their contract with you by not returning a deposit?

Re: Charter companies update - 10/20/2020 12:48 AM

Not at all...they didn't violate their contract with me.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline