TravelTalkOnline

Quarantine Locations?

Posted By: JohnandLin

Quarantine Locations? - 11/08/2020 11:01 PM

We were hoping for a December or January visit to the BVI, but this quarantine rule may make that tough to be able to enjoy a stay. One alternative could be to work and school remote while in quarantine and then start a BVI vacation, but I'm not sure where we would quarantine or how much we would have to pay for quarantine. Would we quarantine in place at our villa, or is there a specific place we would have to go? Personally, I don't think I'd want to pay villa vacation rates for an extra 8 days when we can't really enjoy the island. That would make the cost of the trip (to quarantine for 8 days and then to vacation for 10 days) too expensive.

Just checking to see if anyone knows how the quarantine process works and if there is an inexpensive option for quarantine? Of course, to work and do online learning remote, we would also need decent internet.

Thanks,

John and Lin
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Quarantine Locations? - 11/08/2020 11:40 PM

Ask your villa owner. Things are grim, and one week vacations are basically a no-go. I bet you can get a great rate for two weeks or more.
Posted By: sleepychef

Re: Quarantine Locations? - 11/09/2020 02:44 PM

Its 4 days not 8 days in quarantine and you would be better/cheaper in a local hotel then transfer to villa on day 4 after test.
Posted By: gordaguy2

Re: Quarantine Locations? - 11/09/2020 03:39 PM

I think villa owners will offer 2 weeks for the price of one for a short time.
Posted By: calsail

Re: Quarantine Locations? - 11/09/2020 05:50 PM

SO sorry it has come to drastically reducing fees but THANK YOU

Re: Quarantine Locations? - 11/11/2020 11:57 PM

After four days, it sounds like you can visit certain places, but you still wouldn't have access to the entire island. Is that correct? Does anyone know what certain places you can visit from days 4-8?
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Quarantine Locations? - 11/12/2020 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by JohnandLin
After four days, it sounds like you can visit certain places, but you still wouldn't have access to the entire island. Is that correct? Does anyone know what certain places you can visit from days 4-8?

The protocols were changed on November 10th. After day 4, you take a second test and as soon as you receive negative results you are allow full access to the territory. Nothing additional to do on day 8.

Re: Quarantine Locations? - 11/12/2020 05:51 PM

Ok, thank you for clarifying! So many changes. Four days is more reasonable. Time to contact our villa again. Thx!
Posted By: ScurvyD

Re: Quarantine Locations? - 11/12/2020 06:11 PM

If the day 4 test takes 24 to 48 hours to get back that would be a 5 to 6 day Q possibly???
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Quarantine Locations? - 11/12/2020 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by ScurvyD
If the day 4 test takes 24 to 48 hours to get back that would be a 5 to 6 day Q possibly???

We won't know for sure until this process starts but that question was asked and the govt. quoted 18-24 hour turn around for the test results.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Quarantine Locations? - 11/12/2020 06:30 PM

Didn't think about that--even a two week vacation would be half taken up with quarantine. Crazy..
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline