TravelTalkOnline

Where to Quarantine - Land or Sea?

Posted By: bailau

Where to Quarantine - Land or Sea? - 01/15/2021 09:57 PM

I have to use a Moorings credit in 2021 and it seems like the best way to do this to go down longer than 8 days...14 days due to the quarantine rules.

I was trying to think through the pros and cons of all 14 days at sea vs 4 on land and then 10 at sea.

Thoughts?

Thanks my friends...and Happy New Year
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Where to Quarantine - Land or Sea? - 01/15/2021 11:18 PM

I would only want to land quarantine in a large property, otherwise you would be cooped up in a small space for at least five days. At least on a boat you're free to move around, swim, etc. The downside on a boat would be bad weather, as you're limited to certain anchorages.

I haven't thought this through, but if you're a large group, you could land quarantine separately. That way, if someone tests positive the whole group isn't quarantined together for two weeks.
Posted By: sail445

Re: Where to Quarantine - Land or Sea? - 01/16/2021 12:52 AM

It’s totally a waste of money and time to be under the whims of mental midgets. Vacation where some sense of logic exists.
Posted By: gordaguy2

Re: Where to Quarantine - Land or Sea? - 01/16/2021 03:02 PM

If you're a large group why not do a land stay for 7 days and then a sail stay. That way if someone in your party tests positive at least you can stay together if it's a large villa.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline