TravelTalkOnline

SVG to Grenada ?

Posted By: Amigo

SVG to Grenada ? - 01/25/2021 09:07 PM

Have a Bareboat Charter booked for late June. SVG to Grenada 1 way.....2 wk trip. Not interested in dealing w Quarantines etc. Have to pay more and commit 100% by end of Feb. I understand nobody really knows.....but thoughts on what protocols will be like by late June ?
Posted By: FLJim

Re: SVG to Grenada ? - 01/25/2021 09:52 PM

I have thoughts, but they aren't suitable for a family-friendly forum.
Posted By: Jeannius

Re: SVG to Grenada ? - 01/26/2021 08:07 AM

I would change it to start and finish in SVG. No problem to go down as far as Mayreau and Union missing out a few places on the way down so you can stop at them on the way back. That way you don't have a problem with two countries different protocols.
Posted By: RickG

Re: SVG to Grenada ? - 01/26/2021 01:06 PM

The protocols keep changing. The new COVID variants are driving more stringent quarantines as of last week. St. Vincent requires a 10-day quarantine. Grenada requires a 7-day quarantine currently and just finished another lockdown. We spent the hurricane season in Grenada. Due to quarantines and testing costs we sailed direct from the USVI to Grenada and had a 14-day quarantine.

The odds are good that a quarantine and pre & post arrival testing will still be required in June.

Cheers, RickG
Posted By: LocalSailor

Re: SVG to Grenada ? - 01/29/2021 02:41 AM

Stay aware of the changing protocols --- this from today.

www.virginislandsnewsonline.com/en/...r-control-with-covid-affected-st-vincent
Posted By: Maria_and_Steve

Re: SVG to Grenada ? - 01/29/2021 09:11 PM

Late June protocols??? No one can accurately predict what will happen that far in the future, unfortunately.

There are too many variables like people who are vaccinated vs. those still waiting to be vaccinated.

The islands change entry procedures like the wind so check back in late May for the latest!
Posted By: Amigo

Re: SVG to Grenada ? - 01/29/2021 10:31 PM

Thats why I said....."I understand nobody really knows".
Just looking for different opinions.
Posted By: cruzdoc

Re: SVG to Grenada ? - 02/02/2021 01:54 PM

I have my sailboat in St. Lucia and made the run to Grenada several times. I agree with Jeannius above and would stick to SVg if possible. So many great places to visit and only have to deal with one quarantine possibility. I don't think Grenada would be worth the hassle save the southern anchorages and maybe Carrriacou but I would rather guarantee a trip to one place in the current climate then risk having to deal with two countries.

I am not betting it will be much different this summer but certainly could be. I just don't feel these smaller Caribbean countries are going to change much until they see a real decline in cases in the US.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline