TravelTalkOnline

Boating incident posting here because UK citizen involved

Posted By: uncleclew

Boating incident posting here because UK citizen involved - 03/19/2021 05:48 PM

And they are reported to have asked for UK help in pressing for further investigation in USVI. Apologies if this has already been reported, I didn't see it in either VI forum.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...o-search-yacht-disappears-virgin-islands
Posted By: Jeannius

Re: Boating incident posting here because UK citizen involved - 03/19/2021 06:40 PM

I can't read that story from the Guardian here in the UK. Here's a link that isn't behind a wall here... https://news.sky.com/story/sarm-hes...nished-from-her-boyfriends-boat-12250163
Posted By: Cleobeach

Re: Boating incident posting here because UK citizen involved - 03/20/2021 06:53 PM

I have been following the story. I can’t remember there was a notice sent out about joining an organized effort by boat and divers to grid search areas. ( This was a grass roots group, not the police)
Posted By: jphart

Re: Boating incident posting here because UK citizen involved - 03/20/2021 08:13 PM

It was on FOX and Friends morning news today too. (I know Carole wasn’t watching!🤪)
Strange the boyfriend would not allow USCG to search the boat.☹️
Posted By: ski2play

Re: Boating incident posting here because UK citizen involved - 03/21/2021 12:29 PM

I have been following, it is a sad story so far with so many unanswered questions. My heart goes out to her family.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Boating incident posting here because UK citizen involved - 03/21/2021 12:43 PM

Yes, that is weird the boyfriend wouldn't let them search the boat. Not looking good for her. Link
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Boating incident posting here because UK citizen involved - 03/21/2021 12:55 PM

I suspect the boyfriend may have things on his boat unrelated to the disappearance of the girlfriend he would rather not have seized. Still his attitude about the entire event is strange to say the least.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Boating incident posting here because UK citizen involved - 03/21/2021 01:24 PM

That could be the case, but why wouldn't he just get rid of whatever it was?? I fear the poor lady is gone though.
Posted By: Zanshin

Re: Boating incident posting here because UK citizen involved - 03/21/2021 02:29 PM

No, this is not evidence of guilt but evidence of being smart. He contacted a lawyer and the lawyer's advice was not to allow anyone aboard.
Posted By: sail445

Re: Boating incident posting here because UK citizen involved - 03/21/2021 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Zanshin
No, this is not evidence of guilt but evidence of being smart. He contacted a lawyer and the lawyer's advice was not to allow anyone aboard.

The police don’t have a clue on where to start an investigation.
If they found a ketchup stain on one of his shirts that would be in their eyes as a blood stain with out even having it analyzed.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline