TravelTalkOnline

Q Places With Mooring buoys?

Posted By: Java230

Q Places With Mooring buoys? - 04/04/2021 08:03 PM

I am still very confused are there are allowable quarantine spots where we can grab a ball instead of anchor for the night? The map seems to indicate Great Harbor but someone recently posted that Q is not allowed?

Are there areas that I can grab nightly mooring buoys while still in quarantine?
Posted By: ecm56

Re: Q Places With Mooring buoys? - 04/04/2021 08:05 PM

I suspect there may be confusion due to the naming of some of the bodies of water . . .

Great Harbor on Peter Island is a quarantine anchorage but going ashore is not permitted. Great Harbor on Jost Van Dyke is not an approved quarantine anchorage.

Also, the red dots on the chart have nothing to do with quarantine anchorages.
Posted By: WillM

Re: Q Places With Mooring buoys? - 04/04/2021 10:34 PM

ecm56 is correct

we found the best was at Benure's Bay over on Norman. And Pirates Bight delivers dinner!

Plenty of balls at GH on Peter also.
Posted By: Droner

Re: Q Places With Mooring buoys? - 04/05/2021 03:49 AM

Are there any Q-Mooring balls in or near the Dogs? We missed the Dogs in 2019 and want to visit this May.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Q Places With Mooring buoys? - 04/05/2021 12:20 PM

There are no suitable overnight anchorages at the dogs. There are lots of national park balls for daytime use. I am still unclear if that is allowed while in quarantine.
G
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Q Places With Mooring buoys? - 04/05/2021 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by GeorgeC1
There are no suitable overnight anchorages at the dogs. There are lots of national park balls for daytime use. I am still unclear if that is allowed while in quarantine.
G

it is allowed only the designated locations. So, as an example, The Dogs is permissible.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Q Places With Mooring buoys? - 04/05/2021 01:46 PM

That’s great news for my June trip!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline