TravelTalkOnline

stopr the press

Posted By: sleepychef

stopr the press - 04/10/2021 06:23 PM

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=107674221343591
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: stopr the press - 04/10/2021 06:40 PM

I saw that a Peter - will be interesting to see how this plays out. I could see FULLY vaccinated, test before arrival and then on arrival with a Q until results back. We shall see (and hoping this is the case of our return in mid-June).
Posted By: bailau

Re: stopr the press - 04/10/2021 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by MIDiver
I saw that a Peter - will be interesting to see how this plays out. I could see FULLY vaccinated, test before arrival and then on arrival with a Q until results back. We shall see (and hoping this is the case of our return in mid-June).

Agree...
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: stopr the press - 04/10/2021 09:07 PM

April fools maybe?
Posted By: Manpot

Re: stopr the press - 04/10/2021 09:24 PM

Talk about double talk..that was quadruple talk..give us dates and real rules not this ongoing dialoge PLEASE! We will be arriving on Tortola June 3rd..fully vaccinated and with permission to reside..what does that really buy us??
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: stopr the press - 04/11/2021 12:29 AM

Agree, Mal. What the hell just happened?
Posted By: Deepcut

Re: stopr the press - 04/11/2021 12:34 AM

The message seemed to be directed to BVI citizens: "You have had your opportunity to get vaccinated. We are opening up" ... but it may also be a deflection of any potential blame if reopening (to cruise ships) is too much reopening
Posted By: tpcook

Re: stopr the press - 04/11/2021 01:06 AM

BVi needs to reopen with vaccinated persons taking a test before coming in. No covid test in BVI No quarantine in BVI No extra fees or test fees.
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: stopr the press - 04/11/2021 02:41 AM

I'd be happy if they just eliminated the day four testing and Gold Seal transport. I don't buy the "bubble" for the cruise ship visitors, and there's no reason others should be subject to more stringent conditions.
Posted By: tpcook

Re: stopr the press - 04/11/2021 08:18 PM

So the Fully Open is a PR stunt. No real changes. Covid tests still needed, quarantine still needed, Gold Seal crap still needed. Excessive cost to get to the BVI still on.I had hoped to get to the villa this year, but with the current rules it is a no go. I also do not want to wear a mask for 3 hours on a plane.So for me no travel. I need to go to a wedding in VT in Oct and I also want to go to the adirondacks this summer., so I guess I will be driving. Not what I want to but this will be the only option. I will drive my boat to the Keys this summer and spend some time in the Keys.
Posted By: ski2play

Re: stopr the press - 04/11/2021 08:39 PM

I had to watch it several times to ensure I understood the message.

At this point nothing has changed, of course they are discussing next steps, this is a process. I am glad they are discussing, discussions can lead to changes.

I look forward to coming back this summer, I will gladly wear a mask on my flight and around others. This has been one long haul.

As Mal said, give us dates and the rules so that we can make the personal decisions to travel or not.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline