TravelTalkOnline

Masks

Posted By: Lexington14

Masks - 06/20/2021 12:37 AM

So many of us have been concerned about covid testing in the BVI but the mask requirement has not really been discussed. We arrived on Thursday and it’s disappointing to see the number of visitors that ignore the posted signs to wear masks indoors. I’m vaccinated and not thrilled about wearing a mask but I do it because it’s a matter of respect.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Masks - 06/20/2021 10:12 PM

Thank you!!! It is very discouraging lately. We have sacrificed our livelihoods to survive this pandemic and now visitors are ignoring the simple rules. Personally, I feel safe with or without the masks but many people in the BVI have chosen not to vaccinate and they are at risk.

Additionally, the government watches these behaviors and will slow the opening process of people are not following the rules. Please, please, please honor the regulations as a guest and help us keep moving forward.

The disregard for the mask regulations is painfully obvious in the guest population!!!
Posted By: bailau

Re: Masks - 06/20/2021 10:38 PM

agree with you both...Lexington nice to meet you today

We are all 8 vaccinated (I cut anyone who wasn't from this trip to keep the locals safe) and make sure to let the local people here that are in close contact know of that and still keep our distance and use masks in close quarters...surprisingly 100% of the local people we have mentioned that too indicated they are as well.

If I get Covid I just use my trip insurance and get back to the US and get some of the best coverage in the world. If I give it to someone here they are screwed and at best will take resources from others...

the people are so grateful to have all of us back...to tag on to Lexington's excellent public service announcement mask up. Good news i am not that good looking to start with so it actually helps...:)
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline