TravelTalkOnline

CDC compliant covid test

Posted By: GeorgeC1

CDC compliant covid test - 06/22/2021 11:35 AM

I thought I read on here that there was a monitored self test that could be used for entry to Puerto Rico returning home. Does anyone have info on brands and where to purchase?
G
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: CDC compliant covid test - 06/22/2021 11:55 AM

I haven't used it myself, but the virtually guided test from eMed is supposed to be approved.
Posted By: Lexington14

Re: CDC compliant covid test - 06/22/2021 12:20 PM

We will be using the test on the 30th leaving from EIS to SJU/PHL. It’s the Abbott Binax Now test kit that uses the NAVICA app to monitor you while taking the test. This is not the test available in drug stores it must be purchased thru eMed. I’ll let you know how it goes.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: CDC compliant covid test - 06/22/2021 02:31 PM

Thank you! Exactly what I was looking for!
Posted By: louismcc

Re: CDC compliant covid test - 06/22/2021 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Lexington14
We will be using the test on the 30th leaving from EIS to SJU/PHL. It’s the Abbott Binax Now test kit that uses the NAVICA app to monitor you while taking the test. This is not the test available in drug stores it must be purchased thru eMed. I’ll let you know how it goes.

I assume you got the 6pack from eMed. Are multiple people able to use the tests in that box just as long as they set up the NAVICA app on their individual phones and go through the process individually?
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: CDC compliant covid test - 06/22/2021 05:36 PM

No. 1 box per person.
Posted By: captmonk

Re: CDC compliant covid test - 06/23/2021 12:14 AM

I did one of these as a dry run in early May. It was rejected by the USVI Portal. I called and was told it was not an approved CLIA Lab.
This may have changed since then but like Jason said...1 box of 6 per person. If I remember correctly it was $150 for the box.
It is a prescription test and they check.
Posted By: louismcc

Re: CDC compliant covid test - 06/23/2021 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by JasonHelmbrecht
No. 1 box per person.

I, somewhat naively I guess, assumed if you buy a box of 6 that surely there is a way for more than 1 person to use the 6 test kits. So we'll probably head to JVD so that the two of us that tested negative on the antibody test can get a PCR.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline