TravelTalkOnline

Walk From STT to Emerald Bch Resort

Posted By: NoelHall

Walk From STT to Emerald Bch Resort - 06/25/2021 02:00 PM

It appears to be only one half a mile from arrival gate to Emerald Beach. Is it worth the time, hassle and money to secure a cab for two adults and a 13 year old, which I assume would be about $30 bucks? I can't remember is there is a sidewalk along the road, obviously pulling luggage along the beach would not work.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Walk From STT to Emerald Bch Resort - 06/25/2021 02:30 PM

Noel..there is a bumpy sidewalk and if you dont have too much luggage it is doable..that said I probably would not and did not last time..as I would probaly instantly spend that $30 on beers at the bar to cool down! In a side note. I tried to book a night at Emerald Beach for my return on July 21 and it was fully booked...seems they are right back in high business and catering a lot fo weddings. If you want to stay there book early! I had to boom atThe Windward Passge which is not my favorite..

Re: Walk From STT to Emerald Bch Resort - 06/25/2021 03:25 PM

Thanks, our crew arrives STT on July 23rd, and will overnight at Emerald Beach before heading to Voyage Charters the next day. We have reservations for the evening. Folks are arriving STT at different times throughout the afternoon and wanted to give them an option for getting to the hotel. As a 'side note', I'll likely immediately spend $30 on beer regardless of how I arrive at the hotel :-)
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: Walk From STT to Emerald Bch Resort - 06/25/2021 03:32 PM

Noel, I'm with Malcomb on the cab ride. Worth the few extra bucks to not be hot and sweaty coming and going.
Posted By: Kmon

Re: Walk From STT to Emerald Bch Resort - 06/26/2021 12:08 AM

We did the walk several years ago. It was OK if you have rolling luggage and the weather isn't too hot or rainy for the 1/2 mile trek. Otherwise, call a cab!
Posted By: LauraTheTshirtGal

Re: Walk From STT to Emerald Bch Resort - 06/30/2021 09:22 PM

have done the walk also, it's certainly doable with a carry on but personally the 5 minute cab ride is worth it especially if someone doesn't have rolling luggage (it's hot as Hades as others have said) and then unless you have all terrain tires on your bags it's not worth the risk, I was concerned I'd blow out a wheel!

Re: Walk From STT to Emerald Bch Resort - 06/30/2021 09:23 PM

Thanks everybody, I get the picture :-)
Posted By: Java230

Re: Walk From STT to Emerald Bch Resort - 07/02/2021 07:36 PM

We walked it last week with a child. Took less than 10 min, good sidewalk. I would recommend, much easier than the hassle of taxi.
Posted By: jmon

Re: Walk From STT to Emerald Bch Resort - 07/02/2021 10:34 PM

We walked - no problem Mon
Posted By: Typing4fun

Re: Walk From STT to Emerald Bch Resort - 07/06/2021 05:49 AM

You know I second that! Cab ride for sure! 🚕👍
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline