TravelTalkOnline

Quarantine if tested positive on arrival

Posted By: caribbeangirl13

Quarantine if tested positive on arrival - 09/23/2021 03:27 PM

Since it is not just the 2 of us coming to the BVI this time I'm trying to get my ducks in a row with understanding what would happen if one of us tested positive on arrival. There are 6 of us coming from 3 different households and we have a boat with the Moorings for 3 weeks. All are vaccinated. If one of us tests positive on entry, I'm assuming we will all have to quarantine since we will be arriving together by private ferry. If we have to quarantine, can we quarantine on the boat? If so, does the boat have to stay at the dock or do we go to a quarantine anchorage? If we can't quarantine on the boat, where do they put us and what is the cost?
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Quarantine if tested positive on arrival - 09/23/2021 03:49 PM

Yes, you can quarantine on the boat.

Most people have had to stay at the dock. To be honest, it makes sense anyway because they retest after a day or two. These decisions are often made on a case by case basis so don't expect any real hard and fast rules. If you're concerned, I'd bring a few home tests with you. A negative home test result may increase your chances of being retested sooner and released from quarantine faster.

Re: Quarantine if tested positive on arrival - 09/23/2021 04:33 PM

Thanks Jason! We are definitely bringing the home tests. Just wanted to make sure that our friends (who are barely affording this trip as it is) wouldn't have a huge expense they didn't budget for.
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Quarantine if tested positive on arrival - 09/23/2021 05:03 PM

For the vaccinated, there's no more Gateway. If you arrived on the ferry, they would have no way of knowing you were together. Anyone could go on as normal, even if they had to hire a skipper.

Re: Quarantine if tested positive on arrival - 09/23/2021 06:39 PM

We are taking a private water taxi (oops I called it a private ferry in the original post) so will arrive together. Just heard back from Lynette Harrigan and she said we would be allowed to quarantine on the boat at the dock but that most people do decide to go to a villa.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline