TravelTalkOnline

Little Dix Bay- San Juan vs STT

Posted By: AprilTowler

Little Dix Bay- San Juan vs STT - 11/01/2021 05:55 PM

I am planning a trip in July to Little Dix Bay. The transfers and ferries and boats and plans are all so confusing. We will be connecting through Charlotte on AA. Would you recommend just going Charlotte - San Juan- EIS and then my understanding is that Little Dix Bay will take us from there? There will be 6 of us so we could also opt for a private boat ferry, issue is that we are only coming for 4 nights total, so time is limited. Willing to spend a little more (not private jet more) to get there with less hassle and more time to spend at resort.
Thanks!
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Little Dix Bay- San Juan vs STT - 11/01/2021 06:05 PM

Definitely fly to EIS vs. St Thomas. By the time you travel, the airport in VG might be open. I love landing there so I'd go that route if you can.

I'd reach out to Little Dix. They are charging enough to offer some expert advise.

The Little Dix Bay instructions are pretty clear with good options!
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Little Dix Bay- San Juan vs STT - 11/01/2021 06:30 PM

If the Virgin Gorda airport is open, consider chartering from SJU to Taddy Bay on Island Birds.

Re: Little Dix Bay- San Juan vs STT - 11/01/2021 07:18 PM

Thanks for the info! It looks like Virgin Gorda airport may be opening up later this year again. Hopefully some of the testing/restrictions will be relaxed by next summer.
Posted By: Cleobeach

Re: Little Dix Bay- San Juan vs STT - 11/02/2021 02:41 PM

Island Birds SJU to VG is our preferred method. Island Birds makes is very easy to transit thru SJU coming and going. The flights are very scenic.
Posted By: VirginGordaResident

Re: Little Dix Bay- San Juan vs STT - 11/02/2021 02:53 PM

It was officially announced VG airport will be opening for Thanksgiving. It remains to be seen if this actually happens, but certainly promising.

For a stay at LDB, this is absolutely the best way to get here.
Posted By: ecm56

Re: Little Dix Bay- San Juan vs STT - 11/02/2021 04:16 PM

Tropic Ocean Airways may be able to take you to LDB via seaplane. See https://flytropic.com/

Re: Little Dix Bay- San Juan vs STT - 11/02/2021 04:32 PM

That is good news for our February VG trip.

Re: Little Dix Bay- San Juan vs STT - 11/02/2021 05:04 PM

Is this a private charter? Or do they do scheduled trips?

Re: Little Dix Bay- San Juan vs STT - 11/02/2021 06:26 PM

Private
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Little Dix Bay- San Juan vs STT - 11/02/2021 06:52 PM

With six people, the cost shouldn't be bad.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline