TravelTalkOnline

VG to Anegada day trip

Posted By: Cleobeach

VG to Anegada day trip - 11/07/2021 05:15 PM

Hello,

We are excited to return to VG again in Feb 2022. We typically do a boat day with Dive BVI to snorkel but this trip we have a non snorkeler along. My thought was to show him Anegada. We went a couple years ago by flying down for the day.

Any recommendations for a private boat charter for the day? And an island guide/driver? I know we can do it ourselves with a vehicle rental but we like local guides as it enhances our experience. Last time we were there, the dad of the woman at Cow Wreck beach took us on a tour and it was the highlight of our son’s day.
Posted By: ecm56

Re: VG to Anegada day trip - 11/07/2021 06:00 PM

Sherwin Walcott - SherWin’s Sea Adventures - +1 284-440-3243 teamworkfishing@gmail.com
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: VG to Anegada day trip - 11/08/2021 02:18 PM

If you would like a vehicle for the day, Dean Wheatley 284.544.3703 or dwjeep@hotmail.com.
Posted By: VirginGordaResident

Re: VG to Anegada day trip - 11/08/2021 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Cleobeach
Hello,

We are excited to return to VG again in Feb 2022. We typically do a boat day with Dive BVI to snorkel but this trip we have a non snorkeler along. My thought was to show him Anegada. We went a couple years ago by flying down for the day.

Any recommendations for a private boat charter for the day? And an island guide/driver? I know we can do it ourselves with a vehicle rental but we like local guides as it enhances our experience. Last time we were there, the dad of the woman at Cow Wreck beach took us on a tour and it was the highlight of our son’s day.

DiveBVI will also for sure take you out for a day trip to Anegada. They have a great new WorldCat just for trips like this
Posted By: Sunnykm

Re: VG to Anegada day trip - 11/08/2021 04:17 PM

bookmarking this :-)
Posted By: CottageGirl

Re: VG to Anegada day trip - 11/08/2021 04:27 PM

I'll second both Dean for the car rental and Sherwin for a boat trip - we've used both in the past and have been super pleased.

Re: VG to Anegada day trip - 11/08/2021 07:17 PM

Dean is great. Scooters are available for the bold and brave - right at the end of the dock - right side - just past the laundry. Mokes are available at Anegada Reefs (left side as you leave the dock) but they book up quickly. Lauren & Michael (L&M) also have some vehicles available for rent (motorcycles, too, I think) - http://lmanegada.com/index.html has contact info.
Posted By: caribbeangirl13

Re: VG to Anegada day trip - 11/08/2021 07:19 PM

If you rent a scooter, make sure to get and wear the helmet! I can tell you from experience that it is the law. FYI, they only have one police officer on the island and you don't want to have to go for a ride in his car. Trust me!

Sue

Re: VG to Anegada day trip - 11/08/2021 07:25 PM

And please do be careful. I have seen so many injuries from the combination of Pain Killers (or other strong drinks) and riding scooters. Much of the road is not paved and can be sandy. It's easy for the bike to slip out from under you.
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: VG to Anegada day trip - 11/08/2021 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by ecm56
And please do be careful. I have seen so many injuries from the combination of Pain Killers (or other strong drinks) and riding scooters. Much of the road is not paved and can be sandy. It's easy for the bike to slip out from under you.

100% Agree!!
Posted By: Sunnykm

Re: VG to Anegada day trip - 11/09/2021 07:10 AM

Agree! Terrible bruises that lasted months to show for my folly on a scooter. Never again.

Re: VG to Anegada day trip - 11/09/2021 04:05 PM

As a middle aged mom type, I am WAY past the scooter age!

Re: VG to Anegada day trip - 11/09/2021 04:10 PM

Does Dean also do tours? I know our friend would enjoy learning about life on the island and seeing different beaches.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: VG to Anegada day trip - 11/09/2021 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Cleobeach
Does Dean also do tours? I know our friend would enjoy learning about life on the island and seeing different beaches.

No, he doesn't do tours but I'm sure he can direct you to someone that does.
Posted By: duckfat

Re: VG to Anegada day trip - 11/09/2021 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by ecm56
Mokes are available at Anegada Reefs (left side as you leave the dock) but they book up quickly.

Mokes are also available at K&S - on the right just before the gas station.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline