TravelTalkOnline

"You will not be able to shop on arrival"

Posted By: bernk

"You will not be able to shop on arrival" - 11/09/2021 10:10 PM

I'm just checking in for our charter with BVIYC, and in step 3 of the process they state the following:

All your Provisions must be delivered to your yacht in advance of your arrival. If you have not ordered as yet do so now! You will not be able to shop on arrival. Our suggested provisioning services can be found here: Provisioning in the BVI. We will organize delivery of your items to your yacht for you, and will ensure your chilled items are stowed correctly. In the box below provide the names of the store(s) you have ordered from, and name of the person who placed the order:

How can this be? We will absolutely have to provision at least once more during our charter, probably twice. Is this just outdated misinformation?
Posted By: bailau

Re: "You will not be able to shop on arrival" - 11/09/2021 10:24 PM

You can provision around the BVIs as usual...we provisioned Leverick, Spanish Town (via land taxi) Great Harbour JVD, Cane Garden Bay, Anegada in June in addition to have delivered to boat to start

Re: "You will not be able to shop on arrival" - 11/09/2021 11:31 PM

Is there any reason you can think of why we wouldn't be able to provision in Road Town the day we arrive?
Posted By: ecm56

Re: "You will not be able to shop on arrival" - 11/09/2021 11:37 PM

That sounds like language that was put in when we had to quarantine for several days upon arrival. If you are all vaccinated, that should not be applicable.

Re: "You will not be able to shop on arrival" - 11/09/2021 11:40 PM

Thanks ecm, that's what I'm thinking, too.
Posted By: nevar37

Re: "You will not be able to shop on arrival" - 11/10/2021 03:47 AM

We're arriving this Friday and I had read the same about provisioning so I called BVIYC and was told that they haven't edited that message out yet. Edwin will be able to take us to from OneMart Friday night.

Re: "You will not be able to shop on arrival" - 11/10/2021 05:35 PM

Thanks for the reassurance, nevar. We also arrive Friday. See you on the docks!

Re: "You will not be able to shop on arrival" - 11/10/2021 06:39 PM

By the way, who is Edwin?
Posted By: nevar37

Re: "You will not be able to shop on arrival" - 11/10/2021 11:54 PM

Edwin runs all the errands at BVIYC, hope to be on the dock around 4pm, We're on Bella

Re: "You will not be able to shop on arrival" - 11/12/2021 12:59 AM

Have a good one! We got turned around at the airport and won't be arriving till the next day now. So far this trip has been a logistics nightmare. We haven't even managed to leave!
Posted By: Sunnykm

Re: "You will not be able to shop on arrival" - 11/12/2021 04:52 AM

Bern

What happened at the airport?
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline