TravelTalkOnline

How to fill out Puerto Rico travelsafe portal form when transiting to BVI?

Posted By: bernk

How to fill out Puerto Rico travelsafe portal form when transiting to BVI? - 11/12/2021 12:03 AM

I'm filling out the Puerto Rico Health Department’s online portal and not sure how to do so given that we are only transiting through to EIS. These are the questions that are problematic:

"Purposeo of your visit?" has the following options: Leisure, Cruise, Family & Friends, Home, Leisure"

"For how long are you visiting us? (days)" Do I answer 0 or 1?

"Lodgement Place" This is a dropdown with many options, none of which is "transiting" but there is "other" …however, then there are these required fields:

Municipality, Address, Lodgement Place Name

How the hell do I fill this out?

We just got turned around after standing around at airport check-in for over 3 hours because AA delayed our flight which broke our connection and then failed to provide an alternative that leaves today. We now have to go back and do this all over again at 4:00 AM. I'm pretty much at the end of my rope here…
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: How to fill out Puerto Rico travelsafe portal form when transiting to BVI? - 11/12/2021 12:30 AM

The portal is not required for transit.

Re: How to fill out Puerto Rico travelsafe portal form when transiting to BVI? - 11/12/2021 12:57 AM

I didn't think so either, but the AA agent kept showing us the requirements that would come up for us in their system. Is it because it's a different airline that we're flying out of SJU with? Is this stated somewhere definitive that I could show?

Looking at https://www.discoverpuertorico.com/info/travel-guidelines it only states that "Those entering any of the Island’s three open airports, whether on commercial or private aircraft, are required to fill out a Travel Declaration Form on the Puerto Rico Health Department’s online portal, which produces a QR code to proceed."

Re: How to fill out Puerto Rico travelsafe portal form when transiting to BVI? - 11/12/2021 02:01 AM

The source that they would point to was this: https://apply.joinsherpa.com/travel...fullyVaccinated=false&language=en-US
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: How to fill out Puerto Rico travelsafe portal form when transiting to BVI? - 11/12/2021 12:32 PM

Sometimes the airline people are misinformed. Just fill it out; it takes 5 minutes.

Use Leisure as reason for travel.
Use the next day as your departure day.
Use the airport hotel as you location of stay.
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: How to fill out Puerto Rico travelsafe portal form when transiting to BVI? - 11/13/2021 03:28 PM

Anyone heard from Bern? Hope his travel luck improved!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline