TravelTalkOnline

2022 visit

Posted By: Sandsailsun

2022 visit - 12/07/2021 03:31 PM

Looking at a USVI visit in March for a month sailing then possibly a week land based in VG and one then in Anegada if the new variant settles down . Retiring end of the year so celebration is in order. Hoping logistics of flying and or ferry to BVI from USVI then back will be less painful than it seems right now . May drive south and catch a plane from US as travelling from Canada these days is not an easy situation, Especially from the east coast . Fingers toes and every other body part crossed that we get to see some of you in our travels . It’s been a very long couple of years

Attached picture 4921EF76-9F6D-4DB2-86C4-B7870DC8C34D.jpeg
Attached picture 5A716CEC-4FA9-42A0-85A2-39CBF1EB2F8E.jpeg
Attached picture 24679B6F-DD26-4C88-B0F5-BF9641D12A42.jpeg
Attached picture 0808DDDD-6A42-4A70-85D4-93DA57A90422.jpeg
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: 2022 visit - 12/07/2021 03:38 PM

The ferry is pretty painless. 3 trips with 100 passengers each way daily.

Now, the BVI has acknowledged that the eMed.com tests are accepted for entry so you can travel with them to the USVI. Just take it 2 days before your BVI entry and you won't have to test at the ferry terminal on arrival.

Re: 2022 visit - 12/07/2021 03:43 PM

Sounds wonderful
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: 2022 visit - 12/07/2021 04:26 PM

As Jason mentioned, last month, the ferry was easy peasy.
Posted By: caribbeangirl13

Re: 2022 visit - 12/07/2021 05:04 PM

Congratulations on your retirement! Retirement life is grand! Now if I can only get my husband to retire too we can spend our winters in the Caribbean and summers in Colorado!
Posted By: TIMRIM

Re: 2022 visit - 12/07/2021 05:12 PM

Congrats on the retirement! You will wonder when you had time to work,
We will be island hopping may 26 thru June 8, buy you guys a drink somewhere,,

Re: 2022 visit - 12/07/2021 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by caribbeangirl13
Congratulations on your retirement! Retirement life is grand! Now if I can only get my husband to retire too we can spend our winters in the Caribbean and summers in Colorado!

Thanks so much and I hear ya! Canadian winters can be brutal so our intention is to experience them minimally going forward
Posted By: Sailorric

Re: 2022 visit - 12/07/2021 10:34 PM

Hi Kim,

Eric and I are booked to go down to the BVI for a few weeks in April sailing so hopefully we'll be able to see you while you're there!! It would be great to see you and Ward again!

Vicki

Re: 2022 visit - 12/07/2021 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Sailorric
Hi Kim,

Eric and I are booked to go down to the BVI for a few weeks in April sailing so hopefully we'll be able to see you while you're there!! It would be great to see you and Ward again!

Vicki

Oh my , we would love love to see you both . Will keep ya posted as to our whereabouts . We will be aboard Endurance in USVI from March 12-April 9 th then no real plans except likely another few weeks at least in BVI including a week on Anegada in there somewhere. Praying our dates work out and we can spend some time together
Posted By: UncleLuff

Re: 2022 visit - 12/08/2021 03:03 PM

Hey Kim - Congrats on your upcoming retirement! - I am a number of years before I can look forward to that! My wife and I will be down with two other couples sailing on a DYC cat from April 23 - May 1st. Maybe we will see you around in the BVIs if you are still sailing. What type of boat is the Endurance? - I guess your last sailboat (Sailsong comes to mind?) didn't survive Irma?

Re: 2022 visit - 12/08/2021 03:16 PM

Yes you are right Reef Song did not survive Irma sadly.

Endurance is a beautiful 41 Morgan owned by friends .

We have the good fortune to use her through a great partnership . If we are still kicking around during your dates we will connect .

At this point we have no concrete plans ! Retirement does that I guess banana

Attached picture 1CFF40DF-EB2F-4920-9D00-9ABF8E238FEC.jpeg
Posted By: Sailorric

Re: 2022 visit - 12/08/2021 05:48 PM

Hoping we can make a get together happen Kim!!! We arrive on Tortola on April 8th ....we will touch base with you closer to then and figure something out xo

Re: 2022 visit - 12/08/2021 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Sailorric
Hoping we can make a get together happen Kim!!! We arrive on Tortola on April 8th ....we will touch base with you closer to then and figure something out xo

We WILL make it happen for sure circle

Re: 2022 visit - 12/12/2021 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by JasonHelmbrecht

Now, the BVI has acknowledged that the eMed.com tests are accepted for entry so you can travel with them to the USVI. Just take it 2 days before your BVI entry and you won't have to test at the ferry terminal on arrival.

Thank you so much Jason for the amazing information you share with us all . It is always so helpful
Getting very excited about our return and may be in touch , Tortola for some land based time is also looking good and your cottages look wonderful . We are wide open after our sailing so not sure what we will be up to yet .

How realistic is it to leave booking something land based until closer to the booking dates ? We would be looking at after Easter weekend and combining stays in Tortola , VG and Anegada . It would be for just Captain Ward and I . We have a credit for a week with Ann at CowWreck and will work around that availability .
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: 2022 visit - 12/12/2021 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Sandsailsun
Originally Posted by JasonHelmbrecht

Thank you so much Jason for the amazing information you share with us all . It is always so helpful
Getting very excited about our return and may be in touch , Tortola for some land based time is also looking good and your cottages look wonderful . We are wide open after our sailing so not sure what we will be up to yet .

How realistic is it to leave booking something land based until closer to the booking dates ? We would be looking at after Easter weekend and combining stays in Tortola , VG and Anegada . It would be for just Captain Ward and I . We have a credit for a week with Ann at CowWreck and will work around that availability .

April should be no problem for you to find something land based
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline