TravelTalkOnline

Cape Air Baggage

Posted By: RatmansWife

Cape Air Baggage - 12/07/2021 05:20 PM

Our Cape Air flight tomorrow is sold out (as are many of their flights). We anticipate our checked bags may be delayed. Has anyone ever had their carry-ons delayed because of a full flight?
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Cape Air Baggage - 12/07/2021 07:41 PM

I have not had a issue with the carry on bags at cape air. They usually run a extra section to catch up the checked bags.

Re: Cape Air Baggage - 12/07/2021 08:00 PM

Thanks, George.
Posted By: maytrix

Re: Cape Air Baggage - 12/08/2021 03:13 AM

Same and we've had a lot of bags on past trips with dive gear and on full flights and never had an issue.

Re: Cape Air Baggage - 12/08/2021 11:16 PM

Our carry-ons made it, but none of our three checked bags did. The plane was full, and only one piece of checked luggage arrived. One couple had two bags with food that didn't arrive, so that is something to consider if you do that.

We filed a claim, but didn't get answers, except "weight and balance". The people in San Juan had told them four bags were left behind, but there were at least seven.

Re: Cape Air Baggage - 12/08/2021 11:30 PM

They should be delivered to you quickly. They will run a bags only flight at the end of the day.

Re: Cape Air Baggage - 12/08/2021 11:37 PM

Maybe, maybe not. The lady said they might be sent by Silver tomorrow.

Our new outboard has yet to be broken in, so we'll need to work out the logistics of going to get the bags.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Cape Air Baggage - 12/08/2021 11:47 PM

OK, please post an update tomorrow, when HOPEFULLY you will receive them.
Posted By: bailau

Re: Cape Air Baggage - 12/09/2021 12:06 AM

If its still there Saturday maybe we can bring in on our Island Birds Charter especially if you checked rum...

Re: Cape Air Baggage - 12/09/2021 12:11 AM

Silver left all the checked bags on our flight out of Tortola on the 5th in Tortola. Still have not received them but American who we booked with says they are working on it. Several people on that flight had booked it home on two itineraries and Silver said they would get the bags to SJU on later flights but not their job to ship them further.

Re: Cape Air Baggage - 12/09/2021 12:28 AM

Fortunately we know this drill, although I guess we should be upset we paid $100 for these bags. All the nice ribeyes were in my Solar Bear personal item, and we had clothes in our carry-ons to keep us going. I feel bad for people who are less familiar with the system - not a great way to start one's vacation.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline