TravelTalkOnline

Peter Island Update?

Posted By: CarolinaSailor

Peter Island Update? - 12/20/2021 01:56 PM

After an extended hiatus we are returning to charter next June in the BVI. Over the past 50 years we had chartered many times, visiting most islands and anchorage each trip. My kids always enjoyed visiting Deadmans Bay and the beach restaurant there. We are bringing the grandkids down this time and thought they would enjoy visiting and eating there as well.

We understand Peter was hit very hard by the storms. The website does not give us much guidance on their status of intentions to reopen. Does anyone have any information that will help us in our itinerary planning regarding this stop? Thanks.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Peter Island Update? - 12/20/2021 01:56 PM

Last date I heard was 2023.
Posted By: brewferg

Re: Peter Island Update? - 12/20/2021 05:43 PM

We are scheduled to arrive on 28-Dec-2021 and depart on 5-Jan-2022. We have hiked on Virgin Gorda years ago above Bitter End and another trail called something like "Ray's ________"?? The hikes were great and this year we are thinking of hiking on Peter and/or Norman. Does anyone know if this is allowed? I believe Peter Island is mostly or entirely private so I don't want to go there unless I hear there are established trails open to the public.

I had read somewhere that there are trails on Norman accessible from The Bight? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks, Bruce
Posted By: MrEZgoin

Re: Peter Island Update? - 12/21/2021 12:14 AM

There are nice trails on Norman Island and we saw no signs discouraging their use. I don't think visitors are currently welcomed on Peter Island.
Not a bad idea to bring some long pants for parts of the trail that are a little brushy.

I doubt the trails over Biras Hill are usable, but we did not check.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline