TravelTalkOnline

Test Kits

Posted By: clementine

Test Kits - 01/06/2022 12:01 PM

I am noticing many of you are using Abbott's Binax Now test kits? I have some On/Go kits that have an app. I tested myself this week, and it's pretty thorough. Gave me results with a Code. Does anyone know if this test would also meet requirements?
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Test Kits - 01/06/2022 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by clementine
I am noticing many of you are using Abbott's Binax Now test kits? I have some On/Go kits that have an app. I tested myself this week, and it's pretty thorough. Gave me results with a Code. Does anyone know if this test would also meet requirements?

you need a lab report with a signature and a CLIA stamp. Does the app have that available? With the Abbott test, it's emailed separately from results in the app.
Posted By: clementine

Re: Test Kits - 01/08/2022 09:12 PM

Great Question, I'll check that . Thank you
Posted By: Matt W

Re: Test Kits - 01/08/2022 10:40 PM

Following...we just started looking into emed.com for the telemed option. 6x of the Binax Now rapid antigen for $150. Still unclear if it meets the requirements Jason cites - will let everyone know what I find out.

Trying to do USVI/BVI/SVI or St Lucia/SVG for our next trip in the spring - but without this mobile option the testing requirements are probably too cumbersome.
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Test Kits - 01/08/2022 10:54 PM

Emed Abbot Binax Now absolutely works for USVI and BVI. Here now in BVI. Used for our entry into USVI and BVI. Daughters used tonight for entry back to US. Very easy to use and approved in both locations.
Posted By: bailau

Re: Test Kits - 01/08/2022 11:37 PM

Found out a couple of interesting things about the Emed antigen Test...

1) It usually doesn't trigger positive until >48 hours after exposure
2) i think there is a correlation between line brightness and viral load

So I got Covid Thursday 12/30 but didn't know it at the time. Got it from someone 2x vacced, boosted, and had Covid a year ago.

Friday i got the booster.

Saturday started feeling achy, tired and slight flu like systems which i attributed to the booster. As I had some kits from our last trip I took one. Negative.
Sunday afternoon i took one as others in our small group get together Thursday were reporting mild symptoms. Positive with a pretty solid line. No more symptoms after Sunday
Tuesday - very strong line (more than Sunday) and clearly positive
Thursday - fainter line
Friday - even fainter line
Saturday (today) (no line)

So clearly not a scientific study but if I were going to the islands again soon I would take one within 48 hours and then take another without a proctor just before boarding flight to make sure I didn't get trapped down in the islands and to keep spread down. You can get a non proctored version for personal use off Amazon for less than $9
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Test Kits - 01/09/2022 01:19 AM

Sorry to hear you contracted Covid my friend but glad to hear that you are feeling better.

Interesting small study - thanks for the info!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline